Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how does everyone find Ulduar so far?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

splinter wrote: »
    we've managed to grab ten of the top players in the guild and arranged for a ten man run tonight :) can't wait

you will not be dissapointed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Right, had much more time at it tonight, and 2 things that strike me are: Ulduar is not slacker friendy. We had a raid, and well, some of our DPS'ers weren't up to much, so we didn't get down Razorscale or XT-002. There seems very little margin for slacking, and while you could get through Naxx with a handful of competant people, if everyone isn't pulling their weight, it's game over.

Ulduar 25 is a lot harder than Ulduar 10. We tried 25 man before some people had to leave, and god damn, we took a pounding. I knew that it wasn't going to be like 10/25 man Naxx, but I don't think I saw such a pounding since the time I pugged Sarth +3D.

LOL ..... nothing was as funny as my RAIDCHAT of 'WTF' when people started dropping like flies .....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ignis took a 15% damage nerf and scorch effect does 20% less damage and an extra ten seconds on the adds spawn... not impressed with the nerf to the instance already :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Ulduar's first boss is alot of fun. WHen I was reading the tactics on wowwiki. I was thinking ah crap another complamicated Buggy vehical section. Turns out it was done very cleverly giving you trash to kill at the start to get used to the abilities of your vehical and also there were very few bugs.

Also this will keep us going for a while I think after a few wipes from the trash of the second boss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

4 bosses down and none of them have been a real challenge yet.

Maybe im getting jaded but apart from Flame Leviathan (i cant believe i actually found that fun, i really shouldnt enjoy the LOLZ ILL GUNNER factor of it, but i really did), none of the fights seem particularly original yet or not even challenging.

The other thing i noticed was the loot - Wheres the upgrades?? Of 4 bosses down, 2 items were bid for as in multiple bids recieved. That seems pretty goddamn poor.

I know blizzards philosphy is that the challenge will come from the hard modes, as well as the good loot so ill reserve judgement on the success of the instance till we start doing that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Couldnt load any other instances! tried to get into sunken temple and said too many instances open right now!!!
    and the chat channels are FULL of ppl looking for groups seems guilds are lacking in 25men to fill slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Lee does trip have any plans to pug the instance with da waterford gurlz? I' m not resubbing untill i get confirmation that there will be ne raids happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say all this uldar talk makes me want to burst to 80 so fast.

Believe it or not, still have not gone near original wotlk raids :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Lee does trip have any plans to pug the instance with da waterford gurlz? I' m not resubbing untill i get confirmation that there will be ne raids happening :)

no idea:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, people have weekends free now, and we're getting some progress.

3453679994_854a04a379_b.jpg

Might be a bit behind other guilds, but I'm well pleased with how we did. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You sound like the type of guy, who like, remembers those horrible whipes in Scarlet monastry, and the likes.

**** I remember when no one knew about Aggro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Killed 7 bosses on heroic so far, it's an ok instance nothing special, gonna clear it next week and maybe do one more clear a week after then start focusing on the hardmore which looks to be quite difficult, can't see pugs and **** guilds doing this place it's quite a step up from naxx even on easy mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

3 Boss's down so far. Maybe more after last night not sure was not on!

Advertisement