Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice week 4

Options
  • 15-04-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Just watched it. Really disliking Ben:mad: - how full of himself is he? I'd've loved to have seen him getting the boot. I know it was Yasmina's mistake but I think she has potential to do well so I'm glad she didn't go 'cos I'd like to see a showdown between her and Debra sometime. Paula doesn't get a lot of camera time so I wasn't too surprised that she wen. Omg Noorul was soooo useless!! I was embarrassed for him when they were all sitting around trying to decide on ingredients and he was just sitting there staring blankly ahead:o.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Noorul should have gone. This was the time for Sugar to do something different and fire the losing team captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ben is some spanner alright. Loves himself. He nearly talked himself into being sacked tonight. "I got a scholarship at Sandhurst".

That Geordie estate agent seems to start a row on every team he's on. What a pain in the arse he would be to manage. Luckily for him he's usually been on the winning team so far.

Lorraine's accent is all over the place. One minute it's English. Next it's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I noticed Lorraine's accent changing tonight too, for a while outside selling, she had a broad Irish lilt, 5 mins later it was gone. People who 'develop' accents come across as so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Elmo wrote: »
    Noorul should have gone. This was the time for Sugar to do something different and fire the losing team captain.

I agree with that, but Ben was the business...

He is well able to stand his corner and a guy who reckons this cant be all bad!

"... cites Hugh Heffner as one of his most admired business figures."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I enjoyed the totally blank expression on Noorul's face during the initial opening parts of the task. Still, sometimes people get very lucky, re. the opposing teams costings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Ben should have gone. He has consistently done nothing since the beginning, his 2nd week in a row in the boardroom, doesn't shutup, clearly annoys Sugar and yet he stays!

He can't keep playing the "I sell well" card as a lot of them can do that, but they can also do other things. Apart from Noorul of course....he is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Really enjoyed last night's show, and it was almost a foregone conclusion that Nooral's team would lose and he'd be fired. Didn't think either of the women in the Boardroom should have gone, Ben is a liability for any workplace! I would have got rid, except maybe for the entertainment value.

If there's one thing I've learned so far from the Apprentice is that you can sell the crappiest of crap, once ya make a profit, that's all that matters!

On the accent thing, I think it's only natural to pick up an accent if you're living somewhere, don't think it's sad. Maybe she's used to adopting the englishiness in business situations 'cause she would work predominantly with English people as opposed to outside work, where she may be more relaxed and prone to dropping back in to the Irish lilt. It happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

...you can sell the crappiest of crap...

Thats how Sugar made his money, selling Amstrad crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Ben is some spanner alright. Loves himself. He nearly talked himself into being sacked tonight. "I got a scholarship at Sandhurst".

That Geordie estate agent seems to start a row on every team he's on. What a pain in the arse he would be to manage. Luckily for him he's usually been on the winning team so far.

Lorraine's accent is all over the place. One minute it's English. Next it's Irish.
    Is she Irish??
    Hot tho! cant believe Phil uses a GHD!!!!
    Ya Ben didnt even take the scholarship!!? Am I right?! What a c0ck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know it was Yasmina's mistake but I think she has potential to do well so I'm glad she didn't go 'cos I'd like to see a showdown between her and Debra sometime.

I reckon Yasmina would totally destroy Debra if they clashed! I'm glad Yasmina didn't get fired because she has been one of the strongest so far. I'd like her to win but if I had to bet on someone now, I'd put my money on Kate. She's a bit full of herself but Alan Sugar likes her and she has done well so far.

I definitely think it will be a female apprentice this year - James and Noorul are crap, Ben is a twat and Philip has too much of a temper. Howard is the strongest man there, although he seems a bit dour - he hardly ever smiles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Great show last night.

Sugar should have changed the rules and sacked Noorul. He was totally useless. A trained chemist and he couldn't come up with an idea. He only won down to pure luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Noopti wrote: »
    Ben should have gone. He has consistently done nothing since the beginning, his 2nd week in a row in the boardroom, doesn't shutup, clearly annoys Sugar and yet he stays!

He can't keep playing the "I sell well" card as a lot of them can do that, but they can also do other things. Apart from Noorul of course....he is useless.

I hear they are keeping Ben for the interview round. He has much BS to be caught out on.

Doesnt he look like hes going to have a third chin in a year or 2. His stubble isnt really hiding that second one for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

bobbbb wrote: »
    Doesnt he look like hes going to have a third chin in a year or 2. His stubble isnt really hiding that second one for him.

And he had the nerve to criticise others for their physique!! He is all-round pudgy, not well-toned at all, but he is so full of himself he thinks he is perfect!

On the show the other night, I agree that overall Noorul was the most useless, but I think that the expensive oil was in there as something to trip them up and such an enormous error couldn't be overlooked. Especially as SAS said at the outset that it was all about watching costs and maximising profit.

I hadn't really got any opinion on the girl that got fired and it'll be entertaining to see Noorul's next adventures. My guess is that he'll be fired the next time he is on the losing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

nevey wrote: »
    On the show the other night, I agree that overall Noorul was the most useless, but I think that the expensive oil was in there as something to trip them up and such an enormous error couldn't be overlooked. Especially as SAS said at the outset that it was all about watching costs and maximising profit.

Part of the task is also to Communicate, its a major part of the whole process. What did Noorul do? Did he sell anything? Did he Market? While he kept in the budget was it him or the team that kept the budget? I think he was look to have a set of people who could sell but they can all sell which was pointed out when Paula was fired. Except Noorul can't even do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Noorul was hilarious - all talk and no action. But I wondered was it edited to make it look worse than it was. Like they were giving away the last of their product but still made a decent return, while Paula's crew managed to see their last stock to a buyer (and apparently some of the product is now on EBay!). It suggests to me that Paula's team sold a lot less stock at full price on the day.

The whole calculations thing brought me back to college where some very bright people were unable to calculate %w/w to a total quantity, and this is exactly what happened with Yasmina. I was disappointed with her because she was such a ferocious team leader in the food task. Paula was a good team leader, definitely this year's Lucinda, but she had to go because Ben couldn't really be blamed (much as I detest him). I wonder had she brought in one of the other three, would there have been scope for a firing there, on the basis that they only things they did were collect seaweed and sell (as all 6 of them seemed to do).

Didn't like Philip this week. I wonder from the hair scene has he
    jumped into Kate's bed yet
    . I liked Lorraine of the wavering accent this week; she has no qualms about pulling up a bully. And disappointed that there wasn't more to the Philip/ Kimberley argument that was promo'd the previous week.

Next week looks good, but then again don't they all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

alan sugar is a retarded vag bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Is the apprentice repeated at all, missed it on wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is only repeated once, at approx midnight on Thursday on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

You can get it on iPlayer if you have UTV broadband. Or if you don't.;)

Advertisement