Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Everton FA Cup Semi 19/04/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Liam O wrote: »
    To all the 'Pool/Arsenal fans coming here. Think about it. Everton are in one more final than your team are this season and are still in the same amount of competitions as you. Hurts inside does it? Especially for 'Pool fans

Lollers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dcully wrote: »
    Grow up FFS, i came on here to give a fair opinion on the game,i praised most of the manc team, go back and read my post.

Fine then I'll say the majority then because a few have commented with a bit of sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Grow up FFS, i came on here to give a fair opinion on the game,i praised most of the manc team, go back and read my post.

Dcully in multi-account scandal

Apparently you are all the Liverpool and Arsenal fans on the thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

To all the 'Pool/Arsenal fans coming here. Think about it. Everton are in one more final than your team are this season and are still in the same amount of competitions as you. Hurts inside does it? Especially for 'Pool fans
    you talking bout hartlepool soft lad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

All things considered though, would United fans really take a win here today if it meant losing at Portsmouth on Wednesday?

People may want United to respect the Cup more, but as much as it hurts the traditionalists, Wednesdays is the bigger game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

keane2097 wrote: »
    Dcully in multi-account scandal

Apparently you are all the Liverpool and Arsenal fans on the thread :rolleyes:

He said especially Pool fans, cant you read ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    delighted you lost yeah? :pac:

nope not delighted at loosing but suppose pool are well use to it

but im also dlighted by man utd future prospects
    lol love the way some manc fans find a silver lining in anything :)
    hey we learn from liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But I do have something to celebrate. I'm on a high after we won today.

This was just an added bonus, and I'm sure that there are Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc fans who feel the same.

Plus I'm delighted for Everton and Moyes. Great team and manager.

Who are ya trying to kid. Why not just come out and say congrats to Everton then. The first thing you come out with is "QUADRUPLE ME ARSE" Which means the first thing that came to mind was you were delighted to see us finally go out of a competition this year.
    Fair enough, that might be one of the happiest moments of this season for you but tis a bit sad isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Some United fans are just go into defensive mode when we lose.

We put out a weak team with 1 focus: Rest the big players.

If we won, Hoorah! If we lose, the excuse that we didnt really care about the FA Cup is used. I wanted to win that trophy, we didnt, we must make up for it by adding to the 2 we already have.

We lost, Fergie wont be too upset because Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Van Der Sar and others are now rearing to go for the league.

Headshot wrote: »

Do elaborate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Ferguson is a disgrace tbh. He has a go at Benitez before the game for calling Everton a small club, then he fields a youth team against them? If he respected Everton and the FA Cup competition he would have played a reasonably strong team. Do you think he would have picked the same team if the semi was against Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Can't figure out why people are giving out about Fergusons team selection?

7 senior internationals. :eek:

Yeah....... :rolleyes:

Breaks my ****ing heart.... I couldn't care less & I doubt that most Pool fans would either. You had to play for 120 minutes today, your captain missed a penalty & Ferguson's attempted bait to Rafa has backfired. Come on Pompey. Do something magical lol.

I do however think it was a penalty so I can see why you consider yourselves unlucky but if you consider the amount of decision handjobs Mr.Riley has given United over the years I think it evens itself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But I do have something to celebrate. I'm on a high after we won today.

This was just an added bonus, and I'm sure that there are Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc fans who feel the same.

Plus I'm delighted for Everton and Moyes. Great team and manager.

What other way is a City fan going to react? Its normal, part and parcel of it.
    I know there are some that do like to rub salt into the wounds a bit much(on all sides) but come on, hes entitled(Xavi6) to be delighted and post(quite a funny) comment about it.

Enjoyable game which i thought United just about edged it although Everton looked like the only team that were going to score in the second period of extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

21o4rjs.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He said especially Pool fans, cant you read ? :rolleyes:

Oh so you just think you are all the Liverpool fans on the thread?

This website might help you bud...

ntlbell wrote: »
    That's very true, a win over WBA to sit in mid table.

an abundance of mediocrity is definitely worth celebrating in my view.

congrats.

sour grapes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dont worry, schools are back tomorrow I think so it should be bedtime in a bit for most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ferguson is a disgrace tbh. He has a go at Benitez before the game for calling Everton a small club, then he fields a youth team against them? If he respected Everton and the FA Cup competition he would have played a reasonably strong team. Do you think he would have picked the same team if the semi was against Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea?

he showed them respect.

he put out a team that was well capable of beating of everton, they didn't beat them today.

We move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I think it was a disgrace Fergie put that team on the pitch today, to get this far in the competition and put out a bunch of kids is a joke, We should have out our strongest team and beat them, which we would have btw.
    And Berbatov should be sold in the summer, a disaster of a player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I thought Anelka's careless penalty in the CL Final was a disgrace, but what Berbatov did today was much much worse. It was like he was sulking that he didn't start, you could see it in his face, and he went out of his way to take the most underwhelming penalty possible. I wouldn't mind if he tried to drill it down the centre, but he didn't even put any power in it.th_confused.gif Pathetic.

Berb is a 30 million paper weight, we no heart or soul

He is deffo not Everton material.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you are going to be so childish I might as well join in.

Utd have lost more games than Liverpool this season, and learn to spell losing ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

deisedevil wrote: »
    Who are ya trying to kid. Why not just come out and say congrats to Everton then. The first thing you come out with is "QUADRUPLE ME ARSE" Which means the first thing that came to mind was you were delighted to see us finally go out of a competition this year.
    Fair enough, that might be one of the happiest moments of this season for you but tis a bit sad isn't it.

Ah FFS it was a gentle ribbing, don't be so bloody uptight.

And yes I am delighted you went out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thought Gibson played excellent today, he was just as good when he went out right, great engine the fella has too.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    sour grapes

No sour grapes, just a bit of honesty.

i'm sure xavi appreciates it

It is funny to see how many United fans took exeption to what Xavi said. Myself, while i didnt like what Xavi said, i do remember myself jumping out of my seat when Gosling hit the winner against Liverpool.

You cant have a go at someone for enjoying a team they hate losing. I do it all the time, ie. Come on Everton in the final!

Daysha wrote: »
    21o4rjs.jpg

thats very funney

suppose rafa wouldnt do anyting if he's team was denied a blatant peno

get a grip :rolleyes:

5starpool wrote: »

Utd have lost more games than Liverpool this season, and learn to spell losing ffs.

what has liverpool got to do with this thread?

this is the united v everton thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Came down to penalties, not too shabby considering the side, aside from Vidic and Ferdinand, were all reserves. Not bad against an in-form, full-strength Everton team either. And tbh, Man U probably carved out the better chances, and should have won the game in normal time. That said, congrats Everton and here's hoping they beat Chelsea in the final.

• Advertisement

I do however think it was a penalty so I can see why you consider yourselves unlucky but if you consider the amount of decision handjobs Mr.Riley has given United over the years I think it evens itself out.

yeah :rolleyes: a ref actually gives a penalty to a United player fouled in the box means that he is biased towards United

keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh so you just think you are all the Liverpool fans on the thread?

This website might help you bud...

Thats just a pathetic and childish reply.
    Dont think we all pool fans but he made a point of "especially pool fans"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

allybhoy wrote: »
    Take off them red shades. The analysts on ITV were split 50-50 on it, Sherringham said yes Joe said no. It was in no way a STONE WALL penalty especially watching it in real time. Utd should have put out their best team, destroyed Everton in the first half and then made a few subs. You telling me Rooney\Ronaldo enjoyed being rested for that or would they have preferred to have been out there?

Do you actually watch football? You honestly think United could have decided to destroy Everton, a team who are sixth in the League and on good form, in one half? If it was that easy, they would have had the league sown up long ago.

Ferguson had to rest players. The team is looking tired, and the cup is not his priority. He picked a team that he felt could do the job but allow a number of players a badly-needed rest, and they very nearly did. Whether Rooney or Ronaldo enjoy being rested doesn't matter. What matters is if resting them is in the interest of the team and its success in all competitions this season.

I have to agree that the choice of penalty takers was bizarre.

Daysha wrote: »
    21o4rjs.jpg

Alex Ferguson doesn't care about the FA cup :rolleyes:

course he bloody well does.

whose top of the table with a game in hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

We lost, Fergie wont be too upset because Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggs, Van Der Sar and others are now rearing to go for the league.

Whatever about the rest of the lads I dont see why a goalkeeper should ever need to be rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

ntlbell wrote: »
    he showed them respect.

he put out a team that was well capable of beating of everton, they didn't beat them today.

We move on.
    I disagree. Everton have a fantastic defence, Utd never looked like scoring. Howard barely had a save to make. Utd looked strong at the back, but weak everywhere else.

David Moyes won that battle of mind games.

It appears the master is losing his touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

This thread is hilariousssssssssss.

Anyways, as a neutral fan, I thought today was a very even game even though United had a very weakened side out.

It was a battle of the two defences and always looked that way. United fans should be fairly pissed off at the decision of Riley not to give that penalty, I thought it was a definite one and tbh, if it was 50/50, there was no chance in Riley giving it because of Moyes' pre match comments. Was a very smart move by the Everton manager it must be said!

Delighted to see Everton in the final of the cup, Moyes deserves it, however, can't see them getting near Chelsea in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

whose top of the table with a game in hand

Christ, step away from the keyboard there and realise what you at:rolleyes:

Thats just a pathetic and childish reply.
    Dont think we all pool fans but he made a point of "especially pool fans"

Sorry who are Liverpool's closest rivals, who already knocked them out and now have a chance to win something, which after Tuesday I fear Liverpool may not ;)

• Advertisement

I disagree. Everton have a fantastic defence, Utd never looked like scoring. Howard barely had a save to make. Utd looked strong at the back, but weak everywhere else.

how many did foster have ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Whatever about the rest of the lads I dont see why a goalkeeper should ever need to be rested.

They don't generally but Fergie has consistently swapped in PIG and Foster for VDS when he feels necessary as he is looking to blood a replacement. In either case, Foster didn't play particularly well but he did make two important saves by my count, and let no goals in in normal time.

He was rested because Ben Foster deserved his chance, he did well.

Also, Edwin is oooooold.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

I was just waiting for all the Berba haters to come out of the woodwork after that miss.

Truth is, players take penalties like that all the time. Keeper goes the wrong way and he's a genius. If not it doesnt make him a disgrace or anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

The thread is about the Man U v Everton match, not about resting players. Dont start making excuses and looking for solice in the fact that a few players were rested. FFS they are professional players, they should not need resting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Utd have lost more games than Liverpool this season.

Damn you

That's the one trophy I hold above the league and Champions League

yeah :rolleyes: a ref actually gives a penalty to a United player fouled in the box means that he is biased towards United

I'd reply with something with detailed references but do you what? I cant be arsed. I am actually happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Worst penalty kick taken ever by an international footballer ( Berbatov) and I would be annoyed if a were a man utd fan .Fergie puts out a second team , whom all would easy fit into any other premership side .But then this is the same fergie who puled utd out of the competition several years ago .

Wll done Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Oh and well done Everton. Good luck in the final. I think the club, fans and team deserve some silverware.

Latchy wrote: »
    Worst penalty kick taken ever by an international footballer ( Berbatov) and I would be annoyed if a were a man utd fan .Fergie puts out a second team , whom all would easy fit into any other premership side .But then this is the same fergie who puled utd out of the competition several years ago .

Wll done Everton

did you just hear that on ITV and thought you'd repeat it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement