Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Everton FA Cup Semi 19/04/09

18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Liam O wrote: »
    Sorry who are Liverpool's closest rivals, who already knocked them out and now have a chance to win something, which after Tuesday I fear Liverpool may not ;)

I wasnt talking about your reply when i said it was pathetic and childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd reply with something with detailed references but do you what? I cant be arsed. I am actually happy :)

oh well I'll just take your word for it then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dcully wrote: »
    I wasnt talking about your reply when i said it was pathetic and childish.

yeah but you quoted me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Daysha wrote: »
    21o4rjs.jpg

:D

hahaha that's brillant, I do love him and I also love the gesture he gave to the Reading fans last or two seasons ago.

Has he moaned about the ref in the post match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

CoachBoone wrote: »
    I was just waiting for all the Berba haters to come out of the woodwork after that miss.

Truth is, players take penalties like that all the time. Keeper goes the wrong way and he's a genius. If not it doesnt make him a disgrace or anything like it.

No they dont. He pretty much passed it to the keeper. About as much passion as my cat taking the peno aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ntlbell wrote: »
    did you just hear that on ITV and thought you'd repeat it?
    Like millions watching on tv , I happened to be thinking the same thoughts as Joe Royle ie ,Worst penalty kick taken ever by an international footballer ( Berbatov).

It's just he got to say it all for us .:)

It was the worst penalty kick taken by any footballer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Also, Cahill's miss was fcuking hilarious:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

thegen wrote: »
    The thread is about the Man U v Everton match, not about resting players. Dont start making excuses and looking for solice in the fact that a few players were rested. FFS they are professional players, they should not need resting.

Majority of Man Utd fans have said the team put out played well and were capable of winning the game?? Look back over the thread..

Also, being a professional has absolutely nothing to do with the body's ability to meet the demands of playing 3 games in a tight period of time. Fergie could of put out the same team as mid week but a fresher Everton may of had the edge and we certainly would of been taking a big risk with another big mid week game ahead of us.

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah but you quoted me :confused:

Go back and read it, i was referring to keane2097 post.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Headshot wrote: »
    whose top of the table with a game in hand

Who is, not whose.

Edit: This thread is well along the locking route anyhow by now I think.

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is, not whose.

Me thinks the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    David Moyes won that battle of mind games.

It appears the master is losing his touch

Yeah you're right. Top of the Premiership, in the semi-finals of the Champions League, two trophies already in the bag...yeah, the master's clearly losing his touch.

Well done Everton on the result. I think the failure to award the penalty in normal time however was a cop out on the part of Riley who didn't want to be in the headlines for favouring United, despite the fact it was a peno.

Despite that disappointment, this was always going to be the trickiest trophy to win, just like it was last season. Sometimes the day can go against you as happened here sadly.

Despite the gloating and the lack of sportsmanship from Everton fans on this thread and elsewhere, I would still like to see them go on to win the trophy. Luckily United have plenty left still to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thats just a pathetic and childish reply.
    Dont think we all pool fans but he made a point of "especially pool fans"

Look if you could just stop speaking for large groups of people the whole thing would go a lot smoother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah FFS it was a gentle ribbing, don't be so bloody uptight.

And yes I am delighted you went out.

You could have put it a bit better couldn't you?

Bit disapointed to see someone like yourself come out with something like that was all seeing as you usually have a bit more sense than that. Didn't bother to pick up on the rubbish some were spouting but twas annoying to see someone like you come out with a comment you'd hear from the likes of some loudmouth know nothing pissed out of his mind in a pub.

Man City: WIN ANYTHING ME ARSE! :D

United fans are funny when they lose, they should support Watford with me and get used to it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

thats very funney

suppose rafa wouldnt do anyting if he's team was denied a blatant peno

get a grip :rolleyes:

Actually he would. He'd talk about Utd again. :D

I knew we wouldn't win on the pens with the team that was on the field. I KNEW Berbatov would miss! He shouldn't start another game. I defended him all season up until a month or so ago. He's a disgrace. Congrats to Everton. I was impressed with Utd's efforts given the team we put out. Why didn't Scholes step up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is, not whose.

funney it use to be man utd fans locking threads now its liverpools fans causing the trouble

how times have changed

getting really sick of the sf tbh

21o4rjs.jpg

Blatent disrespect to David Moyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well done Everton, was asked what i wanted this morning, said Everton to win after extra time. delightful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Probably best if it was. Game over Everton through.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Look if you could just stop speaking for large groups of people the whole thing would go a lot smoother.

By smooth do you mean more childish replies from you with smart ass links suggesting i need to read them, thats just falling short of abuse and namecalling, hence is childish

funney it use to be man utd fans locking threads now its liverpools fans causing the trouble

how times have changed

That's because Liverpool are good now and don't lose so many games.

Man United fans are cracking just like Ferguson:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When was the last time we lost a peno shootout? Arsenal in the final? What season was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

21o4rjs.jpg

Dustin's Flap Flap's! Quality

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

IBTL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Blatent disrespect to David Moyes

lmfao you could watch that again and again, might use it for my sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Alan hansen was right youl never win anything with kids:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Latchy wrote: »
    Like millions watching on tv , I happened to be thinking the same thoughts as Joe Royle ie ,Worst penalty kick taken ever by an international footballer ( Berbatov).

It's just he got to say it all for us .:)

It was the worst penalty kick taken by any footballer

Slight exaggeration I think, it wasn't even the worse penalty kick taken today. Cahill's was a worse penalty. It was lazy and underhit, but at least it was on target. The fact that it was Berbatov who took it has now elevated it to the 'worst penalty ever taken.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Boggles wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

It was tense but did Ferguson miss a Peno?

Ferguson was the one who let them takea Peno...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

how times have changed

If this is an accusation at me, then I most certainly did not kick anything off here. I was only reacting to a patently false comment you made. Sure, I should rise above it, but the inner child in me wanted to play with the other children at play here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Elonex wrote: »

nope not that at all

i wont say my real feelings or ill get a ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Elonex wrote: »

*Yawn*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I think it was a disgrace Fergie put that team on the pitch today, to get this far in the competition and put out a bunch of kids is a joke, We should have out our strongest team and beat them, which we would have btw.
    And Berbatov should be sold in the summer, a disaster of a player.

To come out and say crap like this is ridiculous - how do you know Everton wouldnt have beaten Utd's first team today - it is typical tripe from a losing Utd. supporter. It is always someone elses fault - eg the ref etc..

I am delighted we beat Utd. today and deservedly so. We deserved it more than Utd today and to think their forward line cost more than our entire team really highlights what a fantastic manager Moyes is. I think our name is on the Cup this year. For what its worth Ferguson is losing it - i mean Portsmouth at home on Wed is hardly a hard match and it just shows the arrogance of the man for his tactics today.

Everton for the Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ferguson was the one who let them takea Peno...

Ferguson doesn't select the peno takers, the players do.

I'm joking lads, thought I'd get as childish as yous.

Yous should really have a look at what you's have posted in this tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

All this talk of the studio comments on the peno is rubbish.
    Cant you all see for yourselves ? Do you need a panel to make up your mind?
    It was a 50- 50 could have gone either way.
    Wow, you really seem to have made up yours. Super-decisive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Aaaaaaand we're done here, for various reasons, the main one being that the game is over.

Superthreads are probably best to discuss the aftermath given the path we've gone here.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement