Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Everton FA Cup Semi 19/04/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Possible Toffee Line up

Howard

Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines
    Osman Neville Cahill Piennear

Fellaini

Saha

:confused:

I thought Louis ''Balsa Wood'' Saha was out injured ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He has a stomach bug or somethin, could play though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Mind games from Moyes

Other possibility is Rodwell in the middle, Fellaini and Cahill up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mind games from Moyes

Other possibility is Rodwell in the middle, Fellaini and Cahill up front

cahill 4-1 to score anytime

can see that happening alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Possible Toffee Line up

Howard

Hibbert Jags Lescott Baines
    Osman Neville Cahill Piennear

Fellaini

Saha

Cant argue with that. We might even have a decent bench too. Rodwell, Gosling, Yobo (he's near a return) Jacobsen, and the return of Vaughan plus Castillo and VDM to choose from.

Evertons biggest match in 14 years. COYB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

according to here no Van der Sar, Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and Anderson. So everton got a very good chance of winning if that is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Skud wrote: »
    according to here no Van der Sar, Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and Anderson. So everton got a very good chance of winning if that is true

No way can I see Fergie dropping all of those highlighted except for maybe VdS and Rooney/Berbatov or Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Skud wrote: »

wouldn't have any real faith in vitalfootball to be honest. I do reckon van der Sar, Rooney and Carrick won't start though. Rooney and Carrick cause of knocks picked up against Porto. I do reckon Rio will start though, I think Fergie will try to keep some of the defensive solidity we started to show agaisnt Porto. Anderson, not so sure, he does need games but he is only coming back from injury and was knacked by the end of the game midweek.

liked to see Ronaldo dropped,just think he needs the rest atm but who'll slot in there instead of him

nani pfft

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    liked to see Ronaldo dropped,just think he needs the rest atm but who'll slot in there instead of him

nani pfft

he might be dropped to the bench, but i would really imagine that Fergie might be reluctant to drop him right now. He dropped him for the Sunderland game, and gave him a telling off publically. It resulted in, imo, his best performance of the season by far and I would imagine that Fergie will be keen to keep that form going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

WAYNE ROONEY is out of tomorrow’s FA Cup semi-final amid fears he that has fractured a metatarsal for the third time.

Rooney was sweating on the results of a scan on the injury last night with Sir Alex Ferguson set to throw in Federico Macheda for his first start at Wembley.

Ferguson admitted that he would make changes after the midweek Champions League win over Porto – in which Rooney was seen limping briefly – with one eye on next Wednesday’s league game against Pompey.

--

Ugh. Hope this aint true :mad:

Mgoraf wrote: »
    WAYNE ROONEY is out of tomorrow’s FA Cup semi-final amid fears he that has fractured a metatarsal for the third time.

Rooney was sweating on the results of a scan on the injury last night with Sir Alex Ferguson set to throw in Federico Macheda for his first start at Wembley.

Ferguson admitted that he would make changes after the midweek Champions League win over Porto – in which Rooney was seen limping briefly – with one eye on next Wednesday’s league game against Pompey.

--

Ugh. Hope this aint true :mad:
    thats bull**** :)

fergie at the press conference said he's just picked up a knock nothing to worry about

btw link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yep, cause fergie never lies :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yep, cause fergie never lies :rolleyes:

Yeah - cause Fergie is likely to LIE about something like that. Yeah, makes great sense. Your top player could be out for the rest of the season so you say he would be fine for the weekend but that you might rest him. Yep, that makes perfect sense. Yep. If it was the other way around I might think you have a point, but its not, so i think you are just trying to stir it.

In this case there are two plausible reasonings.

1.Yahoo sports is reporting crap.
    2. Fergie thought Rooney had just picked up a knock but after training on Friday afternoon/Saturday it was determined that it might be something more than that.

But no, of course Alan, Ferguson was lying to give United fans false hope. Yep, that must be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

or Ferguson was keeping the extent of Rooneys injury within the club until they know for sure so as not to provide a moral boost for their rival teams?

doubt it like, just speculating.

Alan give up your hate campaign of Sir Alex

just making a fool of your self

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can't see why he'd drop Rio, if there's anything we need right now it's consistency in the defense. We got a clean sheet against Porto, it's clear Rio was missed, I think we need a few couple more clean sheets to get some momentum going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can't see why he'd drop Rio, if there's anything we need right now it's consistency in the defense. We got a clean sheet against Porto, it's clear Rio was missed, I think we need a few couple more clean sheets to get some momentum going.

Dropping Rio would be absolutely ridiculous. He seemed to bring calm to the United defence against Porto midweek. And that's something United need right now. Cool figures at the back after the last few nightmare games for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Surely Ferdinand, fitness permitting, will start every game left now? Would make no sense resting him. Can only see slight tinkering with the defence throughout the run in now tbh ... probably Foster in goal today and that would be about it.

BTW see Drogbas goal yesterday the way the ball just bounced vertically up as it landed. Just re iterating I think Scholes will be key today with long range through balls because passes just do not run through to the keeper at all on that sham of a pitch.

Im dreading todays game,not just because of everton (who are going very well btw) but because of that pitch

dearest stadium in the world and the pitch has been relayed 5 times this season already (afaik)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

wouldn't have any real faith in vitalfootball to be honest. I do reckon van der Sar, Rooney and Carrick won't start though. Rooney and Carrick cause of knocks picked up against Porto. I do reckon Rio will start though, I think Fergie will try to keep some of the defensive solidity we started to show agaisnt Porto. Anderson, not so sure, he does need games but he is only coming back from injury and was knacked by the end of the game midweek.

I guess they were reporting from what they heard from other sites on that. Fergie does say you will be surprised at the weakness of the side. So do see a subset of those players dropped deffo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Im dreading todays game,not just because of everton (who are going very well btw) but because of that pitch

dearest stadium in the world and the pitch has been relayed 5 times this season already (afaik)

+1

Looking at the pitch yesterday filled me with dread for today!

What time is kick off?

What time is kick off?

ko 16.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Those Rooney rumours are gathering pace if this is truehe could be out for the rest of the season

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/04/18/FA-Cup-Rooney-out-as-Macheda-closes-in-on-start/gnid-49139/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

what station is the match on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ntlbell wrote: »
    what station is the match on lads?

Setanta Sports 1

I'm only seeing that report about Rooney on the link given there and that was yesterday. I don't see anything else anywhere?
    Please tell me it aint so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

ITV as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anything official about Rooney?

Rooney, Ronaldo and Van der Saar have not travelled.

Rooney, Ronaldo and Van der Saar have not travelled.

thanks Dazzler

was expecting that

time for the youngsters to step up

thanks Dazzler

was expecting that

time for the youngsters to step up

Would like to see Macheda with Tevez up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

It's asking a lot of Macheda ti have a good game when it's his first start in a Man Utd shirt and it's an FA Cup Semi Final..

This game could be a really tight affair..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Don't really like the rotation of keeper policy that seems to be happening lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Don't really like the rotation of keeper policy that seems to be happening lately.

+1 - i think it's adding to the instability at the back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

€10 on the Macheda hat-trick @100/1

RasTa wrote: »
    €10 on the Macheda hat-trick @100/1

lolz

im not that mad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

fivelive have just said big team news coming.

They are playing a b team - no Rooney, no Ronaldo, no VDS, no O'Shea, no Fletcher, no Carrick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's clear where Ferguson's priorities lie, can't say I blame him to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Are these changes actually a result of fatigue and injury, or has Ferguson changed his attitude towards the competition would you say?

mike65 wrote: »
    fivelive have just said big team news coming.

They are playing a b team - no Rooney, no Ronaldo, no VDS, no O'Shea, no Fletcher, no Carrick.

no Fletcher ? thats very strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Scholes and Anderson?

well, Its not too surprising.

Think about it, they had a really hard game in porto, and they have a crucial game next week vs pompey

theres no way in the world their could fit in an FA Cup game in between all them against Everton, who will are likely to be the more hungry side.

Ferguson realises that the Prem and CL are priorities, so be it. He has more than enough FA Cups won, and maybe he is being generous like DM said.

• Advertisement

Great chance for everton now

lucky iv put money on cahill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

I have never been this nervous about an Everton match in my 20plus years supporting them.
    Whatever the FA cup means to Utd/Chelsea it means a million times more to Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is posted on Redcafe, dunno if it's confirmed though:

Foster

Rafael
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra

Nani
    Anderson
    Giggs
    Park

Tevez
    Macheda

The Everton players are bleeding for an FA Cup medal

I wonder will vaughan do an amokachi and bring himself on and score a few, stranger things have happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Dave! wrote: »
    This is posted on Redcafe, dunno if it's confirmed though:

Foster

Rafael
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra

Nani
    Anderson
    Giggs
    Park

Tevez
    Macheda

Oh christ! Not too hopeful for that midfield. Who's gonna create anything?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement