Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Everton FA Cup Semi 19/04/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

The Everton players are bleeding for an FA Cup medal

I wonder will vaughan do an amokachi and bring himself on and score a few, stranger things have happened

Lets hope for a repeat of the fateful day in April 9th 1995 at Elland Road. I'll take 4-1 now if anyone is offering ;)

COYB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

deisedevil wrote: »
    Oh christ! Not too hopeful for that midfield. Who's gonna create anything?
    Anderson? Giggs does well in CM too

I'd be reasonably happy if that was the team.... of course I'd prefer to see Nani providing the half time entertainment with his dance moves rather than playing football, but alas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I have never been this nervous about an Everton match in my 20plus years supporting them.
    Whatever the FA cup means to Utd/Chelsea it means a million times more to Everton.

Yeah the FA Cup always means more to the smaller clubs

joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Still got enough in that team to win....if that is the team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I find it hard to believe that Ferguson would play Giggs having played him midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dave! wrote: »
    I'd be reasonably happy if that was the team....

Same, not sure it will be though - I don't see Giggs starting...

That previous post is actually only someone's predicted team, it aint confirmed

Keep an eye here for the team
    http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-united-vs-everton-244024/index4.html#post6090416

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dave! wrote: »
    That previous post is actually only someone's predicted team, it aint confirmed

Keep an eye here for the team
    http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-united-vs-everton-244024/index4.html#post6090416

had me worried

scholes instead of Giggs has to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Just seen the utd team. Not starting with his top players shows utter contempt for a super dupper massive club like Everton and also the FA cup as a whole. I've never known a man u manager to act with such arrogance,it's beyond the pale.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Rafael and Fabio start apparently!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Highsider wrote: »
    Just seen the utd team. Not starting with his top players shows utter contempt for a super dupper massive club like Everton and also the FA cup as a whole. I've never known a man u manager to act with such arrogance,it's beyond the pale.:rolleyes:

Your cracking up, your cracking up!

3323814256_4369a0e57a_o.jpg

Louis Saha starts for Everton in the FA Cup semi-final.
    The striker will lead the line against former side Manchester United, with Jo cup-tied.
    James Vaughan is deemed fit enough to return to the bench, where he is joined by Joseph Yobo, the Nigerian back after a hamstring problem.
    Tim Howard, Tony Hibbert, Joleon Lescott, Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines continue to form the defensive rearguard, while Phil Neville will anchor midfield.
    He looks likely to be joined by Tim Cahill, the Aussie having revelled in a deeper role of late.
    Steven Pienaar and Leon Osman will operate on the flanks, with Marouane Fellaini supporting Saha.
    Vaughan and Yobo are joined on the bench by Carlo Nash, Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Lars Jacobsen and Segundo Castillo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Are you serious? Have you seen United's fixture list. 3 games in a v short period. He HAS to change it about. And no matter what way you look at it, my preference this season would be the 1) League, 2) Champions League, 3) FA cup in that order...

FA cup is still a huge trophy but it's still 3rd in the pecking order. It's not disrespectful to put a fresh team (if weakened) in order to still have a fresh team for the mid week game which is a crucial one for United..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

D.S. wrote: »
    Are you serious? Have you seen United's fixture list. 3 games in a v short period. He HAS to change it about. And no matter what way you look at it, my preference this season would be the 1) League, 2) Champions League, 3) FA cup in that order...

FA cup is still a huge trophy but it's still 3rd in the pecking order. It's not disrespectful to put a fresh team (if weakened) in order to still have a fresh team for the mid week game which is a crucial one for United..

Ah no! You just took the bait. Hook line and sinker.

Pay no attention!

your post really do amuse me

D.S. post says it all

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ah no! You just took the bait. Hook line and sinker.

Pay no attention!

Doh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

BBC saying Macheda starting (1506: I'm hearing that Federico Macheda makes his first Manchester United start in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley against Everton. Full team news shortly..

I'm curious to see how he does. FA Cup is certainly the least important of the 3 competitions we're in. If that team is true, it's not the worst team Fergie could've put out.

Ronaldo and Michael Carrick not involved.
    Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha, Fellaini. Subs: Nash, Yobo, Jacobsen, Gosling, Rodwell, Vaughan.
    Man Utd: Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Macheda. Subs: Neville, Evra, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, Evans, Kuszczak

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Okay, that is a dodgy team.

I thought the Carling Cup had finished?

Ronaldo and Michael Carrick not involved.
    Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Lescott, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Osman, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha, Fellaini. Subs: Nash, Yobo, Jacobsen, Gosling, Rodwell, Vaughan.
    Man Utd: Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Macheda. Subs: Neville, Evra, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, Evans, Kuszczak

Wow. I am actually suprised at that line up. I knew we'd change it about but still. V interested to see how Fabio gets on. Not sure about Gibson and Wellbeck though.

Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Macheda.

could be worse nani could be starting

so

foster
    raf---rio---vidic
    fabio
    welbeck---gibson--ando---park
    ---tevez
    kiko

great to see raf and fabio finally starting together in the 1st team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If it was Scholes instead of Gibson I'd be happy enough, as is I'm worried...

Can't wait to see Rafa and Fabio though.

lol, they're quite fond of the twins (and Kiko) on redcafe it seems :p

"I'm going to cry if the twins and Macheda aren't starting now. That would be the harshest cock-tease ever..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Afroman will be battering a few today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Very dodgy team indeed. I'd much prefer to see Scholes and Nani in there rather than Gibson and Welbeck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This will actually be really interested.

Looking forward to see how the young ones get on:)

The toffees should take this looking at the lineups

RasTa wrote: »
    The Afroman will be battering a few today.

who JD Quench :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Headshot wrote: »
    Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Macheda.

could be worse nani could be starting

so

foster
    raf---rio---vidic
    fabio
    welbeck---gibson--ando---park
    ---tevez
    kiko

great to see raf and fabio finally starting together in the 1st team

Actually quite like the team, except I'd have Scholes or fletch in for Gibson. I think the Everton midfield might dominate though I think Anderson can get stuck in like midweek. Fingers crossed.

Great to see the twins playing - together!
    And happy with tevez and macheda up front.

Not much on the bench though - Bebratov and nani are about the best if we're looking for an impact *eek*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Keen to see Welbeck on the right. Can't wait to see the silva's and macheda though one has to realistic in their expectations. I don't know about Ando Gibbo pairing. Think Scholes for one might have been better.

Edit- Rafa really will be tested though with a forward playing on the wing in front of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Average age 22.5.

It would be 16 if Giggs wasn't playing*. :D

*May not be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Very pessimistic after seeing the team. Fabio will play more like a LM which will cost us in defence, and his brother isn't much better. That said Fabio is amazing going forward. Gibson really has to step up. Welbeck on the wing is a bit of a shock but he CAN play there. This is Kiko's chance to get into the first team proper imo

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Keen to see Welbeck on the right. Can't wait to see the silva's and macheda though one has to realistic in their expectations. I don't know about Ando Gibbo pairing. Think Scholes for one might have been better.

Edit- Rafa really will be tested though with a forward playing on the wing in front of him.

it'll be a very tough game for him and just coming back from injury makes it harder but saf has said he's play great stuff in training
    so im optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Happy enough with the team, it's no where near our strongest team, but there should hopefully be enough quality in there to overcome Everton

Liam O wrote: »
    Very pessimistic after seeing the team. Fabio will play more like a LM which will cost us in defence, and his brother isn't much better. That said Fabio is amazing going forward. Gibson really has to step up. Welbeck on the wing is a bit of a shock but he CAN play there. This is Kiko's chance to get into the first team proper imo

Much rather see Welbeck play before nani tbh.

At least Park on the left should give some defensive cover for Fabio getting forward.

it'll be a very tough game for him and just coming back from injury makes it harder but saf has said he's play great stuff in training
    so im optimistic

Would've preferred Rafa/Fabio at right mid and the other at right back with Welbeck on the bench and Evra/O'Shea at left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Foster
    Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Fabio
    Gibson
    Anderson
    Park
    Welbeck
    Tevez
    Macheda

Team on SSN

Im fair excited about this match

This is Kiko's first chance to get into the first team proper imo

Fixed that for you...:pac:

He's only 17, he'll have at least 2 years worth of opportunities...

Really not sure about Gibson in the middle but hopefully he has a good game. It's actually quite an attacking line up. Fergie's hoping to score more than we concede..

• Advertisement

Much rather see Welbeck play before nani tbh.

At least Park on the left should give some defensive cover for Fabio getting forward.

Ah now Nani has been pretty bad this season but he is greater than Welbeck on the wing any day of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

so im optimistic

Here's hoping :) I did ask for that line up :D

Right I'm off see ya's at half-time.

C'mon United. (Tevito hat-trick!)

To Score 2 or More Goals
    F Macheda @ 17 - 1

only a fiver

im off anyway

Would've preferred Rafa/Fabio at right mid and the other at right back with Welbeck on the bench and Evra/O'Shea at left back

Tbh Evra has been terrible lately - I'd much rather see Fabio get a shot. I think he'll do well. And the twins might confuse Everton :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I like the team , why not. The kids got us to a final already , Lets have some faith,
    2-1 UTD :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This should be very interesting indeed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Anyone know the link for the veetle stream?

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

is there a stream for it somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does Fergie think Everton are a small club and that the FA cup is a small cup?

• Advertisement

Expect Tevez to be constantly bailing out the midfield today, which will hinder us going forward

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement