Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Vs Everton FA Cup Semi 19/04/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I am really enjoying the movement and interchangeability of our forward line. Contrasts with the far more static tactics we've used up front this season usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

From BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Wembley: "Sir Alex Ferguson is the manager giving the instructions now. He is telling captain Rio Ferdinand to order Manchester United's players to speed up the tempo of their passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Was watching ITV ..Steve Ryder: Now lets cross over to Jim Beglin

*Straight away Picks up remote hits 418

I don't have that luxury. Can't stand Jim.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

redout wrote: »
    He is telling captain Rio Ferdinand to order Manchester United's players to speed up the tempo of their passing.

He better get someone to translate that instruction for Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I think this "kids" team so far has played a bit better than the first squad in a hell of alot of games this season. more passion ,commitment and better passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

redout wrote: »
    I have Martin Tyler doing the commentary !

Odd as Sky arent covering this.
    I'm getting the same commentary in asia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Stream here seems to be working...

http://www.justin.tv/wazz50tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I think this "kids" team so far has played a bit better than the first squad in a hell of alot of games this season. more passion ,commitment and better passing.

Look more brittle at the back though imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Poor tackle Tevez...soft yellow to give away..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

cahill is not in the game at all..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Another yellow card, ffs.
    No arguments with the first one, but Tevez should not have been booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

An File wrote: »
    Poor play there by Rafael.

Saw that. Tevez just now, also. No need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pienaar is a diving prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Liam O wrote: »
    Pienaar is a diving prick

Wasn't a penalty, but i don't think it was a dive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Oh god...

The people who actually think United should keep Tevez - do ye ever actually watch soccer?

• Advertisement

Fergie wasn't happy with Tevez there. Let out a roar at him for the misplaced pass. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

CARLOS!!! lol

Brilliant play by Macheda there...he looks like the real deal....

Wasn't a penalty, but i don't think it was a dive either.

Talking more in general, although before he even fell he waved his arms around and tried to make his fall more dramatic

That's twice now Macheda passed to Wellbeck and twice I was wishing it was the other way round. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Some nice play there with Macheda and Welbeck. Very bright from both of them.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Fergie wasn't happy with Tevez there. Let out a roar at him for the misplaced pass. lol.

next post is your 1000th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

is it just me or does Anderson look like he's crying a lot of the time? I know he's not obviously, and i quite like him as a player, just something i keep noticing when the camera zooms in on him.

Wellbeck isn't shining at all today.

And Foster is up and down like a yo-yo.

Foster is f***in shoite!!

besty wrote: »
    Some nice play there with Macheda and Welbeck. Very bright from both of them.

Welbeck should be switched with Park, he is totally one footed and useless when on the left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Danny is SUCKING on his left foot. seriously.

An File wrote: »
    Wellbeck isn't shining at all today.

Don't agree with that at all. His passing has been great. He's v direct in his play. His crossing is going to be limited as he is a right footed forward playing left wing...he's doing well for a young player playing out of position..

He def should be moved to right wing though..left wing is not the place for him..

Welbeck should be switched with Park, he is totally one footed and useless when on the left wing

Ya your spot on there. He's after wasting some good opportunities and doesn't look at all comfortable on his left.

From an attacking point of view yeah, but i think Park is on the right to cover Pienarr

• Advertisement

From an attacking point of view yeah, but i think Park is on the right to cover Pienarr

Suppose yeah, Baines as well

Should put Tevez on the left and Welbeck up front with Mach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

More Baines than Pienarr imo.

Hibbert never gets forward really.

Ya that's true. Was saying that befor the match myself that if Wellbeck was on the right Pienaar was gonna have it too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I see your point, but hes being shown up.

Not a great half.

Decent first half. United on top. No clear cut chances really. Bit nervous about Raf..he could easily get a second yellow as Pienaar is a bag of trouble...

The link up play between the forwards has been good..Gibson has been industrious but hasn't done much..

HT 0-0

hard to call. although we have been the better team.... no great chances for either side

D.S. wrote: »
    Don't agree with that at all. His passing has been great. He's v direct in his play. His crossing is going to be limited as he is a right footed forward playing left wing...he's doing well for a young player playing out of position..

QFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Is there a possibility of a replay, or is it finals and semis that are decided on the day?

niallk wrote: »
    Is there a possibility of a replay, or is it finals and semis that are decided on the day?

On the day

• Advertisement

Suppose yeah, Baines as well

Should put Tevez on the left and Welbeck up front with Mach

Tevez is doing all the creating in the centre though the way he is. Pity his through balls haven't been up to scratch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Comfortable so far, playing better than I expected. Wellbeck just lacking a good final touch, although he does seem to be plaing out of position on the left.

Overall, though, I'm pleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how good is kiko and welbeck interconnecting play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

niallk wrote: »

AFAIK, there are no semi final replays.

As everyone has been saying, Welbeck is finding it tough. It's a pity Giggs isn't on the bench, he'd be a good option if Welbeck has no joy in the second half. It's that or bring on Nani.

Macheda has looked very good. Possibly been our best player. He does not play like a 17-year-old with 30 minutes of first team football under his belt.

Danny is doing well in terms of getting into positions and linking up with ground passes, it is just the crossing , and finishing, on his left foot that is letting him down. Yes he is right footed but it is a simple fact that a United forward needs to be able to use their weaker foot for more than just standing. If Danny is still on in the second half, and i expect him to be, he really needs to step it up. Not being left footed is an excuse but not a good enough one, the finish and the 'cross' on his left were far too crap.

Have been impressed with Kiko again. Basically playing up front on his own because Tevez is dropping so deep into space. Kiko is battling well and has shown some lovely touches and passing. For a 17 year old playing against one of the best partnerships in the premiership I am happy enough with how he has done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

saha isn't there at all, cahills barely being involved. I'm worried :(

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

Excellent. Pity that it wasn't Kiko getting the final pass a few times. Wellbeck would go much better coming in from the right I think. But I'm loving watching the two of them together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Good stuff from United. I think Anderson is playing an absolute stormer, and I think Fabio is showing some real class, and why before they came to United, most rated him above his brother (who is also playing well)

Rio and Vidic in the middle make such a huge huge difference, they really just make us dominate the game because they win back the ball so damm much.

I think we may well need some subs to bring this game home. Not sure we'll be able to break through to be honest. Need some magic. Berbatov might make a bit of a difference, instead of Welbeck I'd say, and push Tevez to the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

PHB wrote: »
    Good stuff from United. I think Anderson is playing an absolute stormer

+1

He's playing a role that doesn't get noticed a huge amount (breaking up opposition play and driving the ball forward), and he's doing it really well, in the same way as he did against Porto. Hopefully he's come back into form now at the time when we need him (IMO he was poor in the first half of the season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looks like the thirst gang aka Rio and Vidic are stopping JD Quench playing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Headshot wrote: »

It's abolutely beautiful at times, so quick, they seem to be so comfortable playing alongside each other.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement