Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bag issues.....

• 15-04-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I'm in the market for a new camera bag. On my last few outings I've noticed ever increasingly that my current bag is no longer suiting my needs. I use a Slingshot 200 AW and while it's a great bag just doesn't suit my kit any longer.

So with that in mind I'm on the great bag hunt. I'm sure a lot of you have mulitipul bags dependant on the type of session you set out to do on that day. I'd prefer to replace this bag altogether than have it lying around waiting to be used.

I've been looking at the lowepro Vertex range. Trying to decide between the 100AW and the 200AW. I think the 200AW might be just a little to large. Anyone here have or care to comment on the Vertex 100AW?

My storage requirements would be;
    Canon 30D, EF-17-40L, EF-70-200 f4L EF-50 1.8, EFs-60 macro and a sigma 10-22. I also need it to be able to take a 13.3" laptop, tripod and all the various chargers/cables/cards etc.

(I intend to change some of my gear later in the year by adding a EF-24-70 f2.8 and getting rid of the macro and sigma wide angle. I'd also like to go up to a 5D as well, not sure if I'll hang onto the 30D if that happens)

As always any advice welcome :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

First off, I am not a Pro and I don't need to get to anything in the blink of an eye.

I use one of these bags, very water resistant, with individual cases for each piece of gear. Plus my tripod(old but functional and does not need absolute protection from water) fits in the straps on the bottom. If I know I am going to be hiking all day I can easily transfer to a backpack. I have an older version of this bag that I keep my camera in for protection and I grab it if I don't want to take anything but the basics (body w/ lens attached, Lenspen, P&S camera, and memory cards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

You schlep 5 lenses round with you all the time? Oi Vey

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

First off, I am not a Pro and I don't need to get to anything in the blink of an eye.

I use one of these bags, very water resistant, with individual cases for each piece of gear. Plus my tripod(old but functional and does not need absolute protection from water) fits in the straps on the bottom. If I know I am going to be hiking all day I can easily transfer to a backpack. I have an older version of this bag that I keep my camera in for protection and I grab it if I don't want to take anything but the basics (body w/ lens attached, Lenspen, P&S camera, and memory cards).

Thanks for that info and the links. I'd rather stick to the backpack style bags than shoulder based ones. I do have a small bag too that'll just take the camera with one lens attached. I'll usually use that if I'm going out for a walk or something or when I'm out to get something and need just the 50mm for example.
    Hugh_C wrote: »
    You schlep 5 lenses round with you all the time? Oi Vey

I do a lot of the time but that's mostly to do with the fact that I travel a fair bit and like to take my gear with me. An awful pain when I forget the small walk around bag. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Kata R103 ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I'm a Nikon shooter and granted I got this bag for free but the Canon 200eg bag seems pretty good (it might be a tight fit including the laptop though).

I can fit 1 body, 4-5 lenses, flash and my netbook laptop in with quite a bit of space to spare. I believe it costs around 40-50 dollars. Others have been able to fit 2 bodies and 5-6 lenses...

now...to do something about that Canon logo :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

I've got the Tamrac Expidition 6x which holds two bodies, 5 lens various sizes, flash, filters etc. Will hold 13.3" laptop and takes a tripod. They are about €150 in stores, seen on ebay for €90 or so
    http://www.tamrac.com/5586_lrg_opn.htm

Very comfortable to lug around, good shoulder straps;waist belt and sternum strap.

Advertisement