Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing practice space??

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Ok first off, I'm not sure if this should be in this section but it is technically related to music......

Ok so I'm a drummer in a dublin based metal band.....our practice space is at the lead guitarists house, We have a cool concrete shed out the back to practice in. The house is in a kinda small estate.

The problem is that recently, one of the neighbours (the only neighbour that complains) has started to complain and says she will get a soliciter if we dont do something about the noise.

So really, the two main things I want to know is ....What does the law say about noise levels etc like how much do we ahve to decrease it to.....any links or explanations on the law of that would be most appreciated.

The second thing is, does anyone know the best/ cheapest way to soundproof the practice space to a level that is not in anyway breaking the law and the the neighbours can't complain about.

Any feedback at all on this would be most greatfull,

Peace

P.S If this is in the wrong section i'm sorry and what section should it be in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dynonat is good stuff but probably way too dear for your proposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

gaffa tape pillows and **** like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

maybe try posting this in the music production forum but before you do that read their stickies about home producing etc, there's a wealth of knowledge there.

Also...google google google...info is power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Mr Fonnen

eggcartons egg cartons and more egg cartons

Advertisement