Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE pulse

• 16-04-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Sitting in a friends house the other night having a few drinks. We were going through the radio stations on his chorus/ntl/upc (whatever they're called these days) anyways. I came across this station ironically channel 946 (think pulse fm 94.6) which was a pirate station.

anyways bottem line is they're broadcasting over digital radio so clearly there is an audience. Anybody know if this will ever hit the air?

From reading some threads here i'll probably be slated for even mentioning the P word but i'm not condoling piracey. Just wondering will it ever go on the air.

Yes I do listen to dance music.. I'm not a sham/scum bag etc etc

Cheers for the replies in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

RTÉ Pulse is available across Dublin, the North East, Limerick and Cork on RTÉ's DAB digital radio service. It is broadcast, you need a digital radio (DAB) to get it.

www.rte.ie/digitalradio

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Pulse is one of RTÉs digital radio stations which launched at the start of December last year. You can also pick it up on the rte website and on DAB.

They've got some great stuff - tonight there playing a live set from Armin Van Buuren at the State of Trance 400th episode birthday at 1 in the morning.

They've got some fairly dam good djs as well - including Ozzy Osbournes son! Believe me its not all "howiya this is ratser and here's a rapi toune I hurd at da weekend"

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/pulse/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's output is decent enough actually, anytime I've switched on they've been playing some nice stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I know where they're playing but I was wondering if they were just trialing it on digital before heading anywhere mainstream? Seems most people frown on such music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More of a Chill man myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

I've it bookmarked in my browser.. Some of the stuff is good. Better than half the pirated cr@p. Still. I'd love to see something which plays dance, trance, house etc. We've got classical and country music and news channels but no Dance except when spin play teenybopper tunes :P Castles in the sky.. come on now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Check out Adam F on Sundays.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

No it's not a trial, it's up an running full time on a digital broadcasting license as far as I'm aware. It's about time we got a really decent dance station.

Advertisement