Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apps for samsung omnia

• 16-04-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

hey,
    just got the samsung omnia as a present. is there any apps out there i should be getting and where do i get them? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Hello

We have a FAQ here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

There is a section on applications you may find useful as a starting point
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59777565&postcount=29

Please do feel free to suggest any others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

thanks! i have another stupid question though. if i download an app to my laptop in a zip file. how do i get the app onto the phone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

You can open the zip file with something like winzip (winzip should open it if you just double click on the zip file though).

Your zip file may contain either a cab file or an exe file.

If it's a cab file, just copy it to your phone via your sync software (or to your phone's storage card via a card reader).
    Then on your device, just tap on the cab file to install it to your device.

If it's an exe file that's inside the zip file, you need to install the exe from your pc to your device via your sync software by double clicking on it on your pc.

Cabs are easier to deal with so try to collect those instead for all your apps.

Apps i'd recommend are:
    Yahoo Go 3.0.
    Google Maps.
    Vtap.
    TCPMP and flash video bundle.
    Handy Converter.
    SPB mobileshell.
    Tomtom navigator.
    Opera mobile.
    Opera mini.
    Worldmate Pro.
    Tomeraider 3.