Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 Rifle suggestions

Options
  • 16-04-2009 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im new to the rifles side of the fence, been shooting clay pigeon for a year now with my trusty Browning 525 love that gun, Looking for suggestions on .22lr rifles leaving price out of the equation i dont care about price cheap or expensive with all the hassle with licenses buy good once is my motto

Brands Ive been looking at are CZ, Browning,

If people have brands and shops where they sell them please let me know,

And if people are selling please PM me do not reply to this thread!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

have landers nothing for ya?
    you wont go to far`wrong with a cz brno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

if you have a few bob you might look at a sako quad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I was in the exact same position as yourself 2 years ago. I bought a CZ 452 model .22, I am still very happy with it and I will probably never sell it. However I would like a rifle with a bit more thump also, maybe a .223 for long range rabbits and the odd fox. Bearing this in mind I suggest you spend about €300 on a second hand CZ and save your hard earned for when the bug bites, and it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Hi

I am in the process of upgrading my .22lr at the moment. I have settled on a CZ 452. the only question that remains is weather it will be the varmit or the american. I am calling to the dealer Saturday week and will decide then.
    The quad is the other option, but I personally dont see the point in spending the money on a .22lr.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Hi

I am in the process of upgrading my .22lr at the moment. I have settled on a CZ 452. the only question that remains is weather it will be the varmit or the american. I am calling to the dealer Saturday week and will decide then.
    The quad is the other option, but I personally dont see the point in spending the money on a .22lr.

Best of luck
    The American version is the same action and barrel as the other CZ 22lr's but with an 'American' style stock.
    I have shot the 452 Varmint and if I were to be getting a 22lr now that would be my first choice. It's that bit more solid with the medium barrel and has the 'American' style stock.

American
    main067.jpg

Varmint

main002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

CliveJ

I didnt realise it was the same stock on both, I was checking out the spec sheet as as one is shorter than the other assume it was different. Looking forward to seeing and handling both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

kerryman12 wrote: »
    CliveJ

I didnt realise it was the same stock on both, I was checking out the spec sheet as as one is shorter than the other assume it was different. Looking forward to seeing and handling both.

The stocks are similiar, but not the same. The varmint has a flatter underside on the fore end, isnt as glossy and is slightly shorter if I remember correctly. The varmint barrel is short at 20" ish compared to the standard 24" ish of the traditional CZ.
    Have a look at the 453 model. Same as the varmint but with the set trigger from the c/fire cz rifles. Much MUch nicer than the standard 452 trigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I have a varmint excellent rifle, once I got the eric brooks trigger kit installed.

Replaced my anschutz 1710, the cz varmint is every bit as accurate but the bolt isn't as sweet though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I have a varmint excellent rifle, once I got the eric brooks trigger kit installed.

Replaced my anschutz 1710, the cz varmint is every bit as accurate but the bolt isn't as sweet though :o

Cos you didn't use it enough yet

Advertisement