Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get your Upload/Download speed changed?

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its possible to ask to get it changed? i know its simple to configure from the access network( but increasing upload decreases download obviously ) but do eircom or any of the ISPs provide this( throught Eircom as no BT switches here )?

I have 4Mb download( too far from exchange for 7.6 ) and 384 upload, but for me that upload is totally $hit for remote access into work etc. Ive a feeling i can answer my own question with a no, and that they couldn't be bothered customising it or providing a customisation option even if it cost you £ to get setup initially.

I could go with digiweb but dont know if ill be in the same place after 6 months

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Honestly no, your pretty much stuck with what you have.Are you sure you are actually on 7.6mbit and not just 7mbit?
    Just off the top of my head the 7mbit package they have is 384kbit upload and the 7.6mbit package has 672kbits. You could also have a look at the newer business packages they have, they are expensive but have as much as 2mbit upload.

Advertisement