Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messy AIB pin problem

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Last year, I applied for an AIB student plus account and got a Banklink card. After a few weeks of having no money to either deposit or withdraw, I just stopped using it. A while back when I tried to check my account I couldn't access it. Turns out the pin I made sure I remembered wasn't remembered correctly.
    Problem is, I got a call this morning from the office where my college bursary is coming from, saying that I hadn't given in the forms needed to still claim my grant. After explaining that I plan on dropping out and doing a different course next year, & that I hadn't withdrawn any of the money, she said that it would be grand and dandy for next year & all if I just returned the money they've been depositing. Good stuff, it's honestly just sitting there, problem solved.
    New problem: Can't get into the account.
    Is it possible to transfer money from my account to theirs without a pin code? Some people have told me it is, and others said it's not. I just really wanna know before I go half an hour only to make an arse of myself by going "Ohh, pincode yoke, yeah..." at the desk.
    I know I can request a new pin, but that'll take a good few working days and I dunno how long the office are willing to wait, seeing as how the forms were due before Christmas, & I'm sure I already look fairly dodge.
    If it is possible to make a transfer like that without a pin, then I've got a new question; can I go into my local branch and request to have my fecky banklink card replaced with a laser. And if so, do I get a new pin with that?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Can't you just go in and fill in a withdrawal slip and take it out that way and then lodge it to the other account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

They only called you this morning. They'll wait a few days. Apply for a new pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Last year, I applied for an AIB student plus account and got a Banklink card. After a few weeks of having no money to either deposit or withdraw, I just stopped using it. A while back when I tried to check my account I couldn't access it. Turns out the pin I made sure I remembered wasn't remembered correctly.
    Problem is, I got a call this morning from the office where my college bursary is coming from, saying that I hadn't given in the forms needed to still claim my grant. After explaining that I plan on dropping out and doing a different course next year, & that I hadn't withdrawn any of the money, she said that it would be grand and dandy for next year & all if I just returned the money they've been depositing. Good stuff, it's honestly just sitting there, problem solved.
    New problem: Can't get into the account.
    Is it possible to transfer money from my account to theirs without a pin code? Some people have told me it is, and others said it's not. I just really wanna know before I go half an hour only to make an arse of myself by going "Ohh, pincode yoke, yeah..." at the desk.
    I know I can request a new pin, but that'll take a good few working days and I dunno how long the office are willing to wait, seeing as how the forms were due before Christmas, & I'm sure I already look fairly dodge.
    If it is possible to make a transfer like that without a pin, then I've got a new question; can I go into my local branch and request to have my fecky banklink card replaced with a laser. And if so, do I get a new pin with that?
    Cheers!

you wasted all this time typing here instead of calling your bank?

college? :pac::pac::pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Barname, please post helpful replies only.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OP, you should be able to withdraw money from your account at any AIB branch, just bring your ID with you, and you can order a new PIN while you're there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Toots85 wrote: »
    Barname, please post helpful replies only.

Toots, I do believe that 'mine response' was a helpful pointer.....

I am open to correction if otherwise can be explained.....

Cheers!

Barname wrote: »
    college? :pac::pac::pac:

I don't think this is remotely helpful.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum Charter, in particular this bit:
    *Off Topic Threads/Posts
    Posting threads on here that have nothing to do with this board will result in them being moved or deleted. Continual off-topic threads may lead to a ban. If you have a complaint about a thread or post, report it. Do not drag the thread off topic with arguments, or comments about moderation decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Thanks all - went and spoke with one of the customer service people and it turns out there'd been a problem with my address when I changed over to a Student+ a/c, something about all my post being returned to the local branch :confused:, and my card had been blocked or something.
    Said it should be fixed now, and the laser's on it's way...
    One last question though - do I need to wait for the laser & its pin to arrive before I can register for internet banking, or can I phone them up with my account number and sort code and finally get this all organised?*

*Edit - got all brave and ballsy and just rang anyway:cool:. Turns out you actually can't, but that AIB phone lady was lovely
    Again, thanks all

Advertisement