Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone courting

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I'm getting an iPhone 3G from a guy at work over the next day or two, but this will leave me WAY overstocked in the personal phone department (got a 5800 recently too).

So something will be going on Adverts in the next while.

Now, my question to you peoples is this - how long did it take you before you made up your mind whether you luurved it your iPhone or not ?

Are there things that will drive me crazy two months down the line that aren't immeditely apparent ?

(Not pushed about any new iPhone models in June btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Iphones are great as everything (except a phone)..... you get to know if you love it or hate it in less than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭meathenterpr

I actually like mine after it was jailbroken (had it for a week drove me mad before it was done). Once done the phone is actually more useful to me now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Took me all of 10 minutes.

I had my mind made up to get the N95, but happened to be near an Apple shop so I thought I would nip in and see what all the fuss was. I was smitten immediately. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

hated it til i got it jailbroken.

then i liked it

|<
    this much
    >|

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I always liked everything it could do but hated how crappy it was as an actual phone. iPod touch now is mine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I really liked my 1st gen but I really fell in love when I got a 3g and the App store opened and it became so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

I always liked everything it could do but hated how crappy it was as an actual phone. iPod touch now is mine :pac:

Why is it crappy as a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Got my 2G iPhone from a friend in the states so I had to jailbreak and unlock it.

But after a month of getting it and using it with Vodafone prepay I was seriously considering selling it. There where loads of basic taken for granted functions from other phone manfacturers, that were missing from the iPhone.

It was only when I discovered some of the really useful Free Apps in the App store that converted me and I decided to keep it. So much so that "when" the 3rd Gen iPhone is released with 02 this year I will probably get one on contract.

If you don't love it after 1-2 months sell it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Things that will drive you nuts at the moment include not being able to forward text messages, and no delivery report option. A lot of the other issues will be gone in the summer with the free software upgrade.

Overall I love my iPhone and believe its the best device on the market at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks folks.

In terms of the legendary keyboard, do ye find ye're getting quicker using it the more you use it or does that level off after a couple of weeks ?

It would be one of my biggest concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

long_b wrote: »
    Thanks folks.

In terms of the legendary keyboard, do ye find ye're getting quicker using it the more you use it or does that level off after a couple of weeks ?

It would be one of my biggest concerns.

Definitely getting quicker - I struggle going back to a regular-style keypad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to say, I have had phones with better technical ability, but I love the iphone 3g more than any other phone I have owned.
    The app store is handy, and I love the web browser and youtube.
    Long_b, I find the keyboard fine for texting and short emails, the predictive text is dead handy, and if you hold your finger on the text and drag, it scopes in and magnifies the text in case you want to edit. Same with web pages, you can hold one fingertip on the screen, and drag with another to magnify the page many times, very very handy.
    Then it's also an ipod touch, 'nuff said:))
    The next phone I buy will probably be the newer updated version of the iPod.

Advertisement