Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Games Swapping Website

Options
  • 16-04-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just launched "Game Swap Ireland" : http://www.gameswapireland.com
    I had this site before but it was more like a forum, as opposed to a proper classifieds type site, and it was pretty successful for a few omnths but hten it petered out.
    So after reading this thread, I decided to give it another go.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Also - any ideas on how to promote the site would also be welcome.

(BTW: The site is free of course)

Comments

Ooo interesting idea.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

deadl0ck wrote: »

Also - any ideas on how to promote the site would also be welcome.

Nice work! You could host a tournament somewhere (street fighter 4 being a good choice at the moment) and ask people to bring any games they might like to swap. That way they can swap in person and can continue swapping online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Looks good.. just waiting on my confirmation email to post something..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmm...Let me know about the confirmation email.

You should get it instantly.

Could be in your spam folder maybe ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yup I got it immediately, but it went into my spam.. I was also waiting for it in the wrong email account, which didn't help! Ad is up now..

I remember the old one, definitely prefer the new look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Brilliant idea. Not sure of the legality of it, though.

A small piece of constructive criticism. While the website is nice and clear, you need a better logo. Also, if it does take off, it would be nice to have user ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

While the website is nice and clear, you need a better logo.

but... but... who doesn't love comic sans :rolleyes: oh yeah, these guys :pac:

On a side, good site and idea, hope it takes off.

Brilliant idea. Not sure of the legality of it, though.
    Hmm... I'll need a disclaimer !
    A small piece of constructive criticism. While the website is nice and clear, you need a better logo. Also, if it does take off, it would be nice to have user ratings.
    Yep - logo if pants, but I've already had an offer from one on the guys on wiffy.ie to design one for me.

User ratings would be great, but would require a bit of work. This is an out-of-the-box web app in php and mySql so I'd need the time to do this.

But if the site takes off, it would be definatley worth developing

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I dont see how there is a legal issue (im not a legal proffesional though) as people swap games all the time in the "real world" without consequences.

Then again its not advertised for all to see.

Great idea just wondering what would happen with disputes (i.e. I sent someone my game but didnt recieve the game promised in return)

Great idea just wondering what would happen with disputes (i.e. I sent someone my game but didnt recieve the game promised in return)
    That's where the disclaimer comes in.

I'm just acting as a facilitator to put people who want to swap in contact with each other.

It's the only way it could work.

• Advertisement

OK - I think I have fixed the GMail Spam problem.

If anybody else signs up with a GMail address, please let me know if you registration email goes to your inbox or your spam folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

L31mr0d wrote: »
    but... but... who doesn't love comic sans :rolleyes: oh yeah, these guys :pac:

Good God.

Does anybody know who might be able to do a decent website logo for me (for free :) ) ?

Advertisement