Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem

• 16-04-2009 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

The lock/sleep button on my phone has malfunctioned. Just doesn't work anymore. And last night while closing an app...the whole screen just froze. I presumed I'd wake up and it would be fine this morning...but it's still frozen.

I have no option now but to return it to the shop do i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have no option now but to return it to the shop do i?

Basically, you have to let the battery run down.

The same thing happened me on Sunday with my iPhone when I was messing around with Cydia.

Once the battery is run down, it won't turn on until you charge it for about 5-10 minutes.

It should be fine then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I guess so. Will probably have to bring it in at some stage though because without the lock button the phone does some strange things in your pocket when your using the headphones.

I guess so. Will probably have to bring it in at some stage though because without the lock button the phone does some strange things in your pocket when your using the headphones.

But it should lock automatically.

Check Settings->General->Auto-Lock.

it only locks automatically if it's not being touched...when it's in my pocket...it touches everything.

it only locks automatically if it's not being touched...when it's in my pocket...it touches everything.

Set it to a minute before locking.

Wait a minute before putting it into your pocket.

Sorted.

• Advertisement

Not realistic I'm afraid. It's a work phone...so if I need to ring someone...and then put phone in pocket..

yesterday it hung up on the person I was talking to and rang some else

Advertisement