Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get photos off an iPhone

• 16-04-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Not transfer them to the computer, but remove them. I'm trying to carry a document, and found instructions online for turning it into a photo, putting it into iPhoto (shudder - what a kludgy app), and thence to the iPhone.

This didn't work - his instructions meant that whichever way I turned the iPhone the document was upside down. Now I can't see how to get rid of the blasted thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

luckat wrote: »
    Not transfer them to the computer, but remove them.

When you are viewing the photo, there should be a bin icon on the bottom-right hand corner. Tap on that and it will delete the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

There is one in Camera Roll, but not in the other 'album' (with one photo) that the horrid iPhotos created for each of the two photos I added to it on my computer, and thence to my iPhone.

When these 'albums' arrive on the phone, they are independent republics with their own rules; no trashing is one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When you synch your iPhone - it looks for folders you have specified to find images to place in folders on the device. ("Sync photos from:" - under the Photo section within iTunes with your phone connected)

Although you cannot delete on the iPhone, you can simply remove the images/folders from within the directory you have specified, and re-syncing removes them.

Works for me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, Dades, that worked, though iPhoto is pretty weird the way its folders appear and disappear.

Advertisement