Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flaxseed - Is it actually good for you?

• 16-04-2009 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've recently decided to start eating more healthy and I bought a bag of flaxseed which I sprinkle on cereal, porridge, yogurts and even pasta. I just had a look at the back of the packet there and it seems to be really high in fat. It sayd it's 10.6grams of fat and 136 calories per 25gram serving. The bag is 300g. I knwo it's high in fibre which is great but that seems very high in fat/cals to me. It's higher then 2 slices of brown bread or a bowl of porridge or cereal (bran flakes).

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm no nutrional expert!!

Any thoughts?
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Thats the whole point of flaxseed really, the fat and fibre is very good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Errr yes, yes it is.

/looks over there confidently.

It's filled with good fats and fibre. It's an amazing thing to include in your diet, especially if you're low carbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Where is a good place to get Flaxseed? Healthfood store I presume, but if anyone knows any decent ones for it around Dublin, then much apppreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

Natures way or Holland and Barretts. I presume Tesco or Superquinn would stock this aswell. Udos oil (contains all the EFAs) is what I get and I get this online.

Advertisement