Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usernames

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

I'm slideshow bob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I'm slideshow bob

In that we have no doubt ;) who's your Bart though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

i,m a guy and i have a garmin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Mine came from the super villain Dr. Colossus from the Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Got back cycling last year for a Cork to Dublin with a work charity thing, and every time I searched the web for some info the answer always popped up on Boards so I thought I'd better register. It was after a "long" spin (probably at least 50k) so it reflects how I was feeling at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Ant

Being the imaginative sort, I simply shortened my first name (Anthony) down to the first syllable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mines a bit sad..

An abbreviation of Robbie Fowler

Tried to find some variation on my real name but other than adding numbers after it (which I don't like) could find one that wasn't taken.

Half the club seems to think Rob is my real name now....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Mines a bit sad..

Yes it is :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'll let you guys decide :pac:

Yes it is :D

Abusive post reported ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'll let you guys decide :pac:

GuinnessAprilFool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

quite simple really, im a biomedical science graduate subject usually shortened to biomed and 32 was the first random number to come into my head at the time so it has stuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

My name real name is Frédéric, in France people call me Frédo I choose this nickname ...but no idea what a cycling fred was at the time ... ah well my name is Fred and I'm a fred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My name is Chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

i spelled my name backwards. my real names ninorc kram and i work for the chemical safety board (bsc backwards) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Biopace, hello, I'm slightly out of round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Biopace wrote: »
    Biopace, hello, I'm slightly out of round.

Much like the rest of us ;)

Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Haleakala

My name is a volcano in Maui I've had the pleasure of doing MTB trails on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fredo wrote: »
    My name real name is Frédéric, in France people call me Frédo I choose this nickname ...but no idea what a cycling fred was at the time ... ah well my name is Fred and I'm a fred.

So it's a coinsidence that a French person calls themselves Fredo?
    9300617333371_1.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

044673.jpg?ts=634063125640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HumanAfterAll

My favourite Daft Punk's song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I had just eaten a big dinner when I signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

Haldir was an Elf of Lothlórien in my favourite book, JRR Tolkien's Lord of The Rings... and I have big ears :D

haldir02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

I can't remember how I ended up with this silly username - wish I could change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

I have no imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

When arrived in Ireland I was working at a local GAA club and this was the name I got given.
    (Funny thing is they always thought I was from Australia before they eventually found out Im from UK & by then I was already part of the team!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

I was down in weshht cork with a few mates and one of the locals with a particularly thick west cork accent pronounced my name (matthew) mahoo. one of my mates liked it and adopted it. its stuck ever since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

The initals of my first-second-confo-last names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Boosterseat

V. boring - tried thinking of a name, looked around for inspiration and noticed that I had just bought a booster seat for one of the kids for the car.

Or maybe it was a slient prayer that rocket fuel would pour forth from my saddle when doing leisure cycles in Waterford!! I said saddle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

As for needmoregears - the sally gap has often tempted me with the idea of a triple or bigger gears on the rear cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dancesOnPedals

I am already now always liking the dancing on the pedals of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

My favourite 30 Seconds to Mars song.
    And
    Reflects an aspiration to appear to be as bright as Lumen (which, on reflection, was about as realistic as securing a Pro Tour contract after a mediocre season in the A3 peleton).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I let you decide
    Planet X wrote: »
    GuinnessAprilFool.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of a certain white bodily fluid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

me@ucd wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of a certain white bodily fluid though

Ectoplasm?

tumblr_kugl53u1l91qzviodo1_500.png

Video clip is sort of NSFW but worth a look, hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

me@ucd wrote: »
    Oh and to the OP [Velo] I thought yours was the word for 'bike' in french :)
    disappointed to learn otherwise here xD

He has changed his user name since he created the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

...very boring. I was just back from a sports rub on the legs...and..

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crippens1

When I first signed up to boards.ie it was at Christmas time and the joke at the time in our house was our 2-year old son talking about his "crippens" presents; you had to be there! So it was rattling around in my head. Then for some reason I didn't understand I couldn't log-in and re-registered adding a number 1 at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

well I'm mtbireland pretty much everywhere because I look after (or not as the case may be) mtbireland.com

Advertisement