Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden: Flight 666

• 16-04-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

DVD and Blu-Ray extended editions to be released May 25th.

Maiden in High Def? Yes please! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Also coming out on cd, deluxe dvd and double pic disc vinyl!!
    The movie is due to be shown in Swords cinema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

yknaa wrote: »
    Also coming out on cd, deluxe dvd and double pic disc vinyl!!
    The movie is due to be shown in Swords cinema

Premiere is tuesday isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Yep - next tuesday in Swords & Dundrum cinemas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

it sure is and i will be there i also ordered the Deluxe DVD from Play.com I know another live maiden album but feck it should be intresting

I know another live maiden album but feck it should be intresting

Another one for the collection, although I always thought it was a pity that they didn't release a video of the 'Early Days' tour from 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So looking forward to getting this on Blu Ray and the live CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

this will be shown around the country i presume?

Vanhalla wrote: »
    this will be shown around the country i presume?

I think it's a 'one night only' release. It's one of those newfangled 'digital prints' so only a small number of cinemas can show it, the two Movies-at cinemas in Dublin and the cinema in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

It's showing on tuesday (21st) at 7:30 in Dundrum and Swords cinemas, might be showing somewhere else on that night as well but I'm not sure. Can't wait!

Thoroughly enjoyable - looked great on a big screen! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Agreed. Great to see it in the cinema with the sound cranked up.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is this a one night only thing? I was unable to go to the cinema last night to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

saw it last night in swords wow amazing. what live cd is it when is it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

villains77 wrote: »
    saw it last night in swords wow amazing. what live cd is it when is it out.

CD version is gonna be under the same name, i believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Double picture disc vinyl too!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I say it on tuesday. Pretty disappointing. Documentary & backstage content is pretty feckin scarce. It's mostly live songs I've seen thousands of times before with bruce dickinson swinging out of a massive british flag etc.

I thought it was going to be a documentary. Well it wasn't. Think rock in rio with some "bonus" backstage features. Whatever backstage features there were was just the same stuff over and over again. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song.

For one hour and a half.

seen it myslef and that it was actually well worth going to see. eahc to there own but i enjoyed it as for the cds live album coming out i heard them all b4 and have all maiden cds. any word on a new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

This is available as pre order on blu ray from amazon for £20.56 delivered to Ireland. Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seen it myslef and that it was actually well worth going to see. eahc to there own but i enjoyed it as for the cds live album coming out i heard them all b4 and have all maiden cds. any word on a new album

The new studio album is meant to be out in 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Overblood wrote: »
    I say it on tuesday. Pretty disappointing. Documentary & backstage content is pretty feckin scarce. It's mostly live songs I've seen thousands of times before with bruce dickinson swinging out of a massive british flag etc.

I thought it was going to be a documentary. Well it wasn't. Think rock in rio with some "bonus" backstage features. Whatever backstage features there were was just the same stuff over and over again. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song. Fly a plane. Land in a country. Go to a hotel. Live Song.

For one hour and a half.

Sounds great to me :D

I couldn't make it to the cinema to see it due to work commitments, so I can't wait to get the DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

play.com just sent mine (Blu-ray version).

Can't wait to watch it. I've looked at some of the concert footage on youtube and it looks awesome. :D

seen it in the cinema and have all the songs anyway so think i give it a miss. any idea when the next album is out or are they recording at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

seen it in the cinema and have all the songs anyway so think i give it a miss. any idea when the next album is out or are they recording at the mo

I read somewhere that they'd booked studio time for early next year, so I'd say we'll see the next album later on in the year. It's been nearly four years since AMOLAD, so a new album shouldn't be long off.

Advertisement