Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Graded meetings

• 16-04-2009 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

Just wondered how many of the people on here will be running Track this summer and the Dublin graded meetings. Have been checking times from last years meetins and have decided to make a return to the track later in the summer - Maybe a 1500m in mid-late june.

Going on times i'd say i'll have a nice battle to be last in a grade D but should be fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

shels4ever wrote: »
    Just wondered how many of the people on here will be running Track this summer and the Dublin graded meetings. Have been checking times from last years meetins and have decided to make a return to the track later in the summer - Maybe a 1500m in mid-late june.

Going on times i'd say i'll have a nice battle to be last in a grade D but should be fun.

Planning on doing one at least. First one next week but ain't doing that one.

The Graded Meets are great, great atmosphere and I love them whether competing or spectating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Tingle wrote: »
    Planning on doing one at least. First one next week but ain't doing that one.

The Graded Meets are great, great atmosphere and I love them whether competing or spectating.
    Yep from what I remember they were grate, ran them as a 17-18 year old in another life so will be good to get back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

You know how some people's eyes go all big and thier mouth drops open in horror when you mention marathon running?

That's pretty much what I do when people mention track racing... Waaaay to hard for my liking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

shels4ever wrote: »

Where did you get the times for last years meets shels?

Id love to do a few towards the end of summer but I wouldnt be sure I would be up to standard.

Whatever about battling for last place.....trotting in 40 seconds after the rest of the field in a mile race would be just embarrassing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

That's pretty much what I do when people mention track racing... Waaaay to hard for my liking!

Last year was my first attempt at it and I hated it! I just couldn't get the rhythm going that's needed. In my very last race I finally ran like I'd have liked to have done at the start. Can't wait to give it another shot later in the summer to see if I'm back to being crap at it again.

• Advertisement

You know how some people's eyes go all big and thier mouth drops open in horror when you mention marathon running?

Marathons scare the life out of me... can't wait to cross the line in Belfast)(The finish line) and put marathons to bed for a long long time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Can anybody outline how the gradings work and what order the races start? I understand there are grades D up to A. If i'm a complete newbie to graded racing do i have to start in grade D? how quickly can i move up/down grades? Getting to santry after work is the issue, so hence the interested in the normal order of the races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

emerald007 wrote: »
    Can anybody outline how the gradings work and what order the races start? I understand there are grades D up to A. If i'm a complete newbie to graded racing do i have to start in grade D? how quickly can i move up/down grades? Getting to santry after work is the issue, so hence the interested in the normal order of the races.

Timetable will show what grades go first but usually slowest first I think. The grades are determined by your standard and essentially there are qualifying times for each grade. I don't know the standards but someone at Dublin Athletics should be able to help. If you get faster you move up a grade. Its almost like an honour system as athletes don't do the dog and race at grades below them. There is no money or prizes aside from the Development Races which are Grade A standard.

The venue alternates between Santry and Irishtown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

Tingle wrote: »
    Its almost like an honour system as athletes don't do the dog and race at grades below them.

More like the other way around! Everyone seems to want to run Grade A. Has anyone here ever seen a Dublin Graded Meet race won in a time that would elevate the winner to a higher grade?

Would agree that the atmosphere is good at them, I always enjoy them and hope to run a few of them this year.

Babybing wrote: »
    Where did you get the times for last years meets shels?

Id love to do a few towards the end of summer but I wouldnt be sure I would be up to standard.

Whatever about battling for last place.....trotting in 40 seconds after the rest of the field in a mile race would be just embarrassing:D

Last years results are found here

http://www.dublinathletics.com/resFix/results.asp?arch=1

• Advertisement

cfitz wrote: »
    More like the other way around! Everyone seems to want to run Grade A. Has anyone here ever seen a Dublin Graded Meet race won in a time that would elevate the winner to a higher grade?

Would agree that the atmosphere is good at them, I always enjoy them and hope to run a few of them this year.

Think i'll keep away from the Grade A for the moment ;) .I'd be lapped even in the 400m :)

Advertisement