Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Bang

Options
  • 16-04-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear a big explosion around Balbriggan about 5.45 last night. I'm living in clonuske and it seemed to be coming from the North.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Thunder. I was awake and it was preceded by lightning - it was some bang though.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

That solves that then........wasn't sure because there was only the one bang, must have blown itself out in one big rumble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

definitely thunder. It set of a few alarms in my estate. The wife got an awful fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Same here in Balbriggan, it sounded like it was right above the house. It was some roar, scared the crap out of the girlfriend also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Apparently only Balbriggan got it
    Everyone else was giving me weird looks

Prefer thunder than that feckn Wavin siren - grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Thunder- it woke me flipping up! Just one massive bang and nothing else- has happened a few times over the years in the town. Frightened the life out of my neighbour who thought a house had exploded! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

do any locals remember the HUGE thunder boom from about 18months ago up around pinewood/castleland court type area of the town... Was in the morning and literallly made me jump out of bed with the shock. LOL. thought a plane had crashed or something. This sounds like a similar event. One off HUGE thunder boom. strange stuff. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

you sure that wasnt the train derailing in skerries?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Wonder if it was something similar to what was reported in this thread back in July '07?

Curiouser & curiouser...

Advertisement