Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Raffle

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Anyone else see this, and if so, what do they think.

12000 tickets @ €99, prize being a house and land in Comer worth over €900k.

Would seem worthwhile investing in a ticket, the only drawback being the smallprint which says 3 tickets are selected and a quiz determines the winner (quiz not mentioned at all by the promotor on the local radio i believe). I wouldn't be much use in a quiz situation :(

With Buggy Auctioneers, all details on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought these kind of things were illegal without having a licence to run a lottery?

Edit: Although the quiz might be a way to cover their arses on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Vegasbabe

Who on earth would purchase a ticket to win land in Comer, sure look at the front page of the KK people property section Joe Coogan cant give away the houses there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

comers a kip! I freely admit it. Though if i won i'd sell it for less than half price!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hmmmm...a house in Comer they say, good luck with that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Stephen wrote: »
    I thought these kind of things were illegal without having a licence to run a lottery?

Edit: Although the quiz might be a way to cover their arses on that.

Yeah the quiz covers their arse alright.
    Once there is an "element of skill", its not a lottery anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

12,000 tickets is a lot!
    If you buy 1 ticket you have a 12,000 to one chance not really great odds.

The website gives very little information and what happens if they only sell 4 thousand tickets will they give all the money back. What happens if they find a buyer whose willing to pay the 900K will they sell? or will they stick to selling tickets?.

Seems a very messy way to sell the property and more of a publicity stunt.

(I won't be wasting my money buying one)

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    12,000 tickets is a lot!
    If you but 1 ticket you have a 12,000 to one chance not really great odds.

Still better odds than the Lotto.
    EKRIUQ wrote: »
    The website gives very little information and what happens if they only sell 4 thousand tickets will they give all the money back. What happens if they find a buyer whose willing to pay the 900K will they sell? or will they stick to selling tickets?.

I found the info no problem:
    In the event that there are less than 12,000 (twelve thousand) tickets sold all monies will be refunded save and except for any such monies deducted by Paypal in refunding the said money due (approximately €4.00)

http://www.redress.ie/hillview%20house/TermsConditions.html

mick_irl wrote: »
    Still better odds than the Lotto.

I'd prefer win the Lotto:D

You can say that again.... :)

This seems interesting but without the 11 acres

Link

And before the price is changes back up to €950,000 LOL
    hillview3.gif?t=1239917334

Only needs to sell 4000 tickets now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Why the quiz though? I dont get the point of that.

Sell the tickets, pull one name out. Winner, DONE!

the quiz will put people off buying tickets in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Because they'd need a licence to operate a lottery without that element of "skill" apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Stephen wrote: »
    Because they'd need a licence to operate a lottery without that element of "skill" apparently.

Ah, i see. Thanks.

I wont be buying one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I think they will sell 12,000 tickets. It's only €99, and regardless of what you think of the location of the property, it's still worth a shot for a hundred quid, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I like it. It's a nice place. I don't think the quiz is good value for money though. There is a 1/12,000 chance of winning. At a hundred quid a ticket this puts the value of the place at 1.2M or thereabouts, which it isn't.

If the tickets were 50 quid I'd buy one but I can't see this working. Maybe I am wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That means they need to find 12,000 people to spend that amount on a ticket around North KK, Laois, South Kildare and Carlow areas....I just can't see that adding up..maybe in Dublin, but thats a big maybe. I certainly could find better uses for €120. The odds are too low imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mason Fairbanks

They wont sell 12000 tickets if they leave it open until 3009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BOOKWORM.1

It seems this place is still on the market.

Advertisement