Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium and electricity

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi all.

i recently moved back in with the folks. bringing my 120 ltr aquarium with me. i just wanna know, roughly how much it costs to run, electricity wise?

its a Jewel 120 ltr, with filter, heater, and Hydor air pump, i leave the lights on for around 8 hrs per day.

roughly how much will this dimt the leccy bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Not much I have a 400 litre, 2 x 300w heaters, 2 fluval 3 externals, one fluval 4 plus internal, one fluval 1 internal and a 150 w heater in a smaller tank, 2 x 4 foot flourescent tubes. It costs me 20 euro every 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

i have a 40ish ltr wall mounted one and it uses 11w. a bit more with light on.

Keep an eye on aldi/lidl plug in digital power meter. It tells you ow much power any item with a plug is costing you to run.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

hi all again,. i was just wondering. IF, i know its a weird question. say im in work, and theres a power cut in the paratment. am i gonna come home to a bunch of dead fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

no you should be grand for a good few hours, but if you have an air pump and its below the water level, make sure there is a non return valve on it:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

It will use very little.
    All the pumps are low voltage and the heaters have Stermostats so they don`t be on all day.
    If you go Marine and set up Metal Halides then we are talking money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

here i told you how much it would cost you, 9,99 , the same as it was to buy your car

Advertisement