Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to Arts in UCD from UCC

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello there!

I am just about finishing up in second year Arts in UCC. I'm majoring in English with a minor in History. I have decent grades and all that, no disasters in that respect. However, due to UCC messing around with modules and changing stuff ever since I started, I am seriously unhappy with the course and am REALLY keen to do arts in UCD instead, which I know would work out better for me - done plenty of research to ensure that, and have even said it to lecturers who advised a transfer if that's what I wanted (which it is).

So ideally, I would like to apply to transfer to Arts in UCD and start in second year again, rather than start over. In my leaving cert I got 380 so I have plenty of points, and I know that in order to get a degree from UCD you need to do at least two years there. I've been in contact with them many times and have my application and transcripts ready to send to UCD. In all my correspondence they have told me to go ahead and apply - so you're probably wondering what I'm actually asking:

Well, I'd just like to know if I can transfer back to the start of second year in UCD even though I'm already a second year in UCC. I'd do the same subjects and have a good exam record so I would hope that I could. Obviously I can't go straight to 3rd year because I need two years for a degree. In my contact with UCD I have repeatedly stated that I was a second year and they have never explicitly stated that no, I won't be eligible. For the record, out of curiousity I applied to Trinity Arts with the exact same question and they said that yes, I could start in second year (they even said if there was anything extra I would need they'd let me do extra courses). The only reason I can't go is that I didn't get enough points. Seeing as I have more than the original required points for Arts in UCD, I would hope that this would not be the stumbling block there.

I'm pretty set on doing this course properly and think I have a really good chance, so any help would be MUCH appreciated, I'm yearning for knowledge!

Advertisement