Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny Radio!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Are all of their 'comedy' slots of that standard?

(I'm just trying to work out exactly how happy I am that I cant pick up the station where I live.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CatchMeIfYouCan

tsk... I'm assuming ur from the country. Sorry that Dublin radio does not live up to ur standards! I'm sure the stations u get are absolutely riveting!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Assume away, you'd be extremely incorrect.

I live in Dublin, so as it happens I DO find Phantom, Rte1, 4 FM, DC103.2, Newstalk, & Today FM riveting at times, but I can't receive 98 clearly. This is, on the evidence provided above, quite a blessing as it turns out.

However, this isn't a thread about your favourite radio show being the bestest & using any reply that disagrees with you as an opportunity to have a sneer at people "from the country" and radio stations that have the audacity not to be based in Dublin, it's about what passes for "funny" on the radio.

I've long since accepted that I find most comedy on Irish radio to be very poor, and I generally don't comment on it (Nob Nation, 2fm breakfast, The Emergency, Liveline's "funny" Friday - We're looking at you...) , but just as you felt the need to join up and tell everyone that the attached link to a minute or so of poorly performed painful schoolboy taunts from 98 was funny, I felt compelled to say that personally, I ranked it just below diseases of the colon on the list of things I find amusing.

Comedy is relative. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Weak and wasteful tosh. Pretty much standard for 98fm.

Oddly it's a song that's pro Tubridy hosting The Late Late. A half decent comedian working on behalf of a rival organization should surely be capable of coming up with a very funny cover song poking one in the eye of their rival. Particularly as Tubridy wouldn't be popular amongst 98's demographic audience therefore something more edgy, less positive and eh...simply funnier would have been a stronger card to play than this obvious, insider greasy, LCD nonsense.

But glad it was posted up just as a reminder as to why I rush past that station as quickly as possible.

In fact it reminds me of something that Tubridy's show would inflict opun us. Good god...more Tubridy style humour and from a rival station that should be appealing to a whole different audience.

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

If this is their idea of comedy, they should just stop and play an extra song in the morning.

The other question is why would you highlight another radio presenter who is on the same time as you on a different station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I'd have a soft spot for 98.

Well, not a soft spot as such, more of an absence of dislike. It's not my station of choice, but I wouldn't have an aneurysm if someone changed over to it.

Even taking my passive, disinterested tolerance into account, I have to say that song was complete and utter sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

C'mon people, anyone clicking that link could hardly expect something funny from a station that has the 'Toll Trolls' !

Advertisement