Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Practice in Carlow

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

As above, does anyone know where a drummer could practice in carlow town?
    Preferbily a studio/ band space with it's own gear.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

get in contact with fretless records. just outside the town in tinryland, if you can arrange transport. only like 5 minutes down the tullow road.

http://fretlessrecords.jcleere.com/

thats the website. if your only looking to practice i dont think joe will charge you, only if you wanted it recorded or mastered or something. if he wont do it he will know someone who will.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

Its hard to find space alright,I tend to use practice pads its grand for rudiments but not ideal.You could try a number of community centers to see if they have a room for a couple of hours once or twice a week. Not perfect but its a start

dont mean to be critical hughj, but i think op is looking for a place with its own equipment. but a community centre would be perfect if he can bring his own equipment.

aynon wrote: »
    dont mean to be critical hughj, but i think op is looking for a place with its own equipment. but a community centre would be perfect if he can bring his own equipment.
    I know,its just a last resort if all else fails (and if you have your own drums)

all else fails, he could practice air drumming.

• Advertisement

It would solve the volume issue I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

afaik there are no proper rehearsal facilities in Carlow. Bands normally use their own sheds, garages, the youth centre etc etc and bring their gear

Advertisement