Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting concrete drive

Options
  • 16-04-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any brand/type recommendations for slapping some paint on a tired looking concrete drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I wouldn't recommend doing it to be honest. You can get expoxy or polyurethane type floor paints for concrete (Watco is one) but most of these are designed for use indoors. Problem is when concrete gets wet these paints will lift. These paints are relatively expensive and you would need to thoroughly clean the concrete before applying anyway.

You can get concrete cleaners (acid based) which will freshen up concrete and remove alagae etc. This might be a better option and a lot cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers I'll see whats availible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

hello mike have a look on www.paintshop.ie

they will have something suitableand they deliver aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Hire out a good strong power washer (2500psi + with a ballbearing head). It will leave it looking as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

*** Exterior stamped concrete paint ***

Hello,
    About a year ago we got stamped concrete out our back garden, since then it has pealed in many places mainly from power washing.

I'm trying to find paint that I can use over this, I've tried B&Q and HomeBase but they don't have anything that I need.

Has anyone come across any paint that can do this job without pealing off?
    Thanks for your help.
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

*** Exterior stamped concrete paint ***

Hello,
    About a year ago we got stamped concrete out our back garden, since then it has pealed in many places mainly from power washing.

I'm trying to find paint that I can use over this, I've tried B&Q and HomeBase but they don't have anything that I need.

Has anyone come across any paint that can do this job without pealing off?
    Thanks for your help.
    Rob

Anyone?

Advertisement