Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities filling bags

Options
  • 16-04-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭

Ok bit of a rant but whats the story with mainly Dunnes(all branches) having charities or any cause that needs money filling bags at checkouts constanly ok I get it its the recession but I am really getting tired of it

Am I the only one ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ya they are everywhere these days can get annoying especialy when the decide to pack your bread at the bottom of a bag and when you get home tyhe bread is totaly ruined...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I never give them anything. Lots of the time they aren't even charities, just some school collecting so they can send the brats away on an ill-deserved holiday. Wanna go on holiday? Pay for it yourself!! Thats what I mutter darkly as i leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

sioda wrote: »
    Ok bit of a rant but whats the story with mainly Dunnes(all branches) having charities or any cause that needs money filling bags at checkouts constanly ok I get it its the recession but I am really getting tired of it

Am I the only one ??
    Jesus, you've a lot to be worried about. Just don't give them anything if they annoy you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I dont have 2 much of a problem with them, unless they are there for 2 days or so which is annoying as I think one donation is enought...but lately what annoys me more and more are those annoying gits putting stickers in my door...at ungodly hours...when are the council going to put a stop to this....There are far better worthy charities all over town that are more deserving that a charity that doesnt exist annoying everyone and flooding them with stickers to make them feel so guilty that they do donate....

oooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Aidric wrote: »
    Jesus, you've a lot to be worried about. Just don't give them anything if they annoy you so much.

I feel pressured into givin something and i shouldn't have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I agree with u...plus I dont carry a lot of cash around with me and often just enought for my purchases...so feel guilty if I dont donate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

I havent heard of most of the "charities" that are at the end packing stuff arseways.

As for the stickers in the doors, ugh...

Make me out to have anti social pets when they bark cause it is still dark out and someone is fiddling at the front door.
    And they are not genuine (most of the stickers that is), taking the items if you care to bag them and selling them on so I have heard on the radio etc...
    Damn them all! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I just tell em I'll pack the bags myslef as I dont drive and everything needs to balance properly on the buggy. Only time I donate is when I choose like for the local GAA/Football tec - my son might go there someday!!
    Was putting together a radiator cover last night, heard a loud knock at the door, knew it wanst anyone important to tried to ignore it. They kept hammering at the door, I answered it and it was a man respresenting a school in dooradoyle looking for me to be but tickets in support of the school. Wouldnt mind but I'm the other side of town completely. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

steveon wrote: »
    t lately what annoys me more and more are those annoying gits putting stickers in my door...at ungodly hours...

I currently get about 3 Stickers a week in my letter box,
    even when I have a note on it saying An Post only.
    They have come in at between 4:30 to 6:30 in the morning time. sometimes wakeing me up.

The stickers used to come with bags....but ya know all this recession and stuff....
    ...they even make an excuse sometimes saying that the bag could be dangerous to
    children or animals thats why they dont supply one.

I've decided to start collecting the stickers and at the end of the year see just
    how many I have, and keep a record of the Mobile phone number that are on them so
    I can cross reference them with any other scams I come across.

They are not ever chairites most if not all of the time,
    they are only registered to collect Rubbish?? I think
    rather than being a registered charity.

Round the courner from me there was a Rented house
    where there was a buch of people with vans renting the place, they collected these clothes bags, you could see through their front window (when out for a walk) piles of
    clothes on the floors that they were going through, and at the side of the house they dumped all the unwanted stuff
    which was left there for weeks at a time.

~B

The most annoying for me must be those chuggers who hang around cruises st and o'connell st trying to get u to give them ur bank details. They are paid about 13euro per hour and they get commission. Their fake "i'm you pal" act makes me want to vomit. A swift hard kick in the goolies is all they deserve.

• Advertisement

The most annoying for me must be those chuggers who hang around cruises st and o'connell st trying to get u to give them ur bank details. They are paid about 13euro per hour and they get commission. Their fake "i'm you pal" act makes me want to vomit. A swift hard kick in the goolies is all they deserve.

During the week it was lashing rain, I had small man in the buggy plus a wagonload of bulky bags balanced on said buggy. Was making my up Cruises St, managed to avoid the first three - they were busy harassing others. Got near River Island and one made a beeline for me. I just gave my best scowl and said 'Are you for fcuking real' I mean how slow can they be, did a really look like someone in a charitable mood??

Birdie086 wrote: »
    During the week it was lashing rain, I had small man in the buggy plus a wagonload of bulky bags balanced on said buggy. Was making my up Cruises St, managed to avoid the first three - they were busy harassing others. Got near River Island and one made a beeline for me. I just gave my best scowl and said 'Are you for fcuking real' I mean how slow can they be, did a really look like someone in a charitable mood??

Get a BB gun for the small man and take him to the shooting range for target practice. Then let him loose on some real live clipboard-toting targets on Cruises St. No court in the land would convict him!!

Get a BB gun for the small man and take him to the shooting range for target practice. Then let him loose on some real live clipboard-toting targets on Cruises St. No court in the land would convict him!!

Good idea, and it would develop his hand-eye cocordination nicely!!

While we are on this topic, has anyone seen that Romanian guy who stands outside Debenhams with his gimpy leg up on a crutch? My sister says it is real, I say it is fake, that said I am squeamish about looking too closely.

While we are on this topic, has anyone seen that Romanian guy who stands outside Debenhams with his gimpy leg up on a crutch? My sister says it is real, I say it is fake, that said I am squeamish about looking too closely.

Is that the Romanian fella with a leg that looks like an arm. I'd say its real alright,(I'm female its expected i'd be nosy and stare) still doesnt mean I give him any money though.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Is that the Romanian fella with a leg that looks like an arm. I'd say its real alright,(I'm female its expected i'd be nosy and stare) still doesnt mean I give him any money though.

Thats him! Its a rotten looking yoke, isn't it? It might be an arm/leg hybrid. He leaves it uncovered deliberately too, for the shock factor. My sister was so frightened when she saw it first, she gave him a fiver. We might be witnessing the next stage in human evolution right here on the streets of Limerick, in the guise of a lousy Romanian gouger.

Advertisement