Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Stop Vandaling Education"

Options
  • 16-04-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Link added below - Page 16 of today's Independent Newspaper Rag? A member of the crowd (a Teacher presumably) in the TUI conference brandishing a word that most primary school children would have difficulty with.......for good reason......

So Batt O'Keeffe and his super-expensive, super-stupid Consultant can't count.....

.....Now our Teachers need some serious red-biro corrections on their spelling work.

- Have the Education cutbacks started to be felt already?

Photo link here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I saw this on the news last night and Lol'd. This what our (future) kids. I'll see if I can scan a copy out of the paper here in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

All this does is prove how tight money has become that a poor teacher couldn't afford a piece of board wide enough to get the whole word on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And paid 60k on average! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I think TUI represents secondary school Teachers - arguably the most maladjusted, sick, sad, and embittered people ever to graduate from University in some miscellaneous discipline before realising they were unemployable in any other field than Secondary School "teaching".

- The Green Party have been very quiet on this front? Surely bringing our educational infrastructure to levels that will certainly make our existing and past school prefab culture look glamorous is anathema to their marvellous pre-election promises and plans for us all.....
    gurramok wrote: »

To be fair 12% of this is spent on vodka and valium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

GBX wrote: »
    ... This what our (future) kids...

Did you inadvertently omit something from what you intended to write? Or were you simply vandaling the English language?

Perhaps english isn't her subject?..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭bladespin

We're paying teachers far three much :eek:!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's a perfectly cromulent word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McShmee

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Did you inadvertently omit something from what you intended to write? Or were you simply vandaling the English language?

Leave him alone; he's simply a product of our educational machine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

gurramok wrote: »

I remember always blindly aggreeing when a teacher or nurse etc said they deserved more (not that i was in a position to change it) and at one time they did

Then i heard what they were on:mad::mad:

If they were all good, then maybe, but as is:mad:

I then realised i went through our education system, got a couple of Degree's, cant spell for toffee:eek: and have the grammer of a semi trained chimp
    god help the people who got spat out at 15/16

60K a year me ar**!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

are you sure 60k is the average ?

a regular teacher gets 63k after 25 years service from: http://www.tui.ie/Salary_Scales/Default.286.html

the only way I can see that being the average is if you include lecturers and even then I dont think the average wage is going to be 60k....

good pic though :) forwarded on to a few people in need of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Raiser wrote: »

To be fair 12% of this is spent on vodka and valium.

This only started after the price of their holiday homes in Croatia started to go into negative equity

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Also available in video: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0415/education.html

The woman berating Minister O'Keeffe is one of my former lecturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Leopold Skotch

Raiser wrote: »
    .....Now our Teachers need some serious red-biro corrections on their spelling work.

- Have the Education cutbacks started to be felt already?

Photo link here

Believe it or not that is an English teacher brandishing that sign. Mary Ryan, from Castleknock Community College. She doesn't really have a sense of humor so I don't think that is a joke..... this scares me

Advertisement