Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH ban

Options
  • 16-04-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Banned for the following post. Personal abuse "leeches on society" refering to single mothers scamming the social welfare system. PM'd the mod that banned me. Post taken out of context. Don't consider this to be personal abuse. Personal abuse is not what I do. Simple as.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59847677&postcount=113

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, if it was the first ban you had from After Hours, I might be more sympathethic.

You can make a valid point, and yet phrase it in such a way that it's likely to inflame others - that's what happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

People like you and your "missus" are giving everyone else on social welfare a bad name. Leeches on society... pfft.

Seems clear cut to me.
    You quoted a post by RaverRo808, so it's plain to see that the abuse was directed towards him.
    Personal abuse will get you a ban every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Well I don't stoop to other people level by insulting them. Not personally anyway. I thought the AH mods would have known this.

The post wasn't aimed directly at the poster, but to all those who scam the system. Like I have siad, it was taken up the wrong way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The post wasn't aimed directly at the poster.

Well that's exactly how it reads. In fact, there is no other way to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That part of the post was aimed at all those scamming the social welfare system, leeches on society.

Don't want to bother ye too much about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement