Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny to Portlaoise and back

Options
  • 16-04-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys just looking for some options if any available!

I'll be going to be going between portlaoise and kilkenny a bit in the coming months.

Getting to and from the two seems tricky going by public transport (I don't drive) as I can only travel between certain hours.

I've looked at Irish rail and bus eireann and they aren't the best for the journey. Does any one know if there is any private bus company for example who also connect the two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Try JJ Kavanagh's. Definately no rail link cos they're on different lines - You'd have to go out of your way and change trains etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

kavanaghs definately do as they pass by my house

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea, Kavannaghs definitely do a service via 'Comer-Clogh-The Swan i.e the back road.
    Must take a good hour I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There's a bus from Kilkenny to Tullamore and beyond - goes via Portlaoise. It takes AGES though, goes via Carlow and on all the back roads. Probably about 90 minutes Kilkenny to Portlaoise. It's a pain.

I was fairly sure JJ Kav's used do a local service between KK and Portlaoise.
    You could give them a ring(0818333222), 'cos it doesn't seem to be mentioned on their website timetables at all.

I wonder do Buggys coaches run anything. They do a regular service between KK and 'Comer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

the other half goes through portlaoise anything from 2-4 days a week.

pm me if you want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aaronkk

I am trying to get to portlaoise and back now for college and neither bus eireann or kavanaghs run a service, does anyone know of another private bus company here?

I'd say your options are quite limited really. Everybody from KK drives to Portlaoise if they are working there. So maybe you could look for a car share or something. Quite a few KK people work there, between the Government Depts, Hospital and Prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aaronkk

Thanks, i have an ad in kilkenny paper maybe i'll put a few in portlaoise somewhere as well

Advertisement