Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picture framing

Options
  • 16-04-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

does anyone know a good (read cheap) place in the city to get some pictures framed?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is a Frame shop a couple of doors down from Hector Grays on Liffey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Des wrote: »
    There is a Frame shop a couple of doors down from Hector Grays on Liffey Street.

It's fairly expensive as well. I personally would avoid.

What kind of pictures are they? ie, family, freidns or cars or nature....

I was in the same boat as you a while ago when my friend gave me an A1 drawing and I ended up getting a frame in Bernados or something, or think it may have been Oxfam at the Coombe end of Francis st for a mere €30.

Otherwise if I were you and they were certain frames, try online. Ebay, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

e bay might be an option alright, they're oil on canvas so might have a look. thanks for the suggestions.

Jay D wrote: »
    It's fairly expensive as well. I personally would avoid.

Just to counter this point.

I got a picture framed just before Xmas, and found it reasonably priced, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Des wrote: »
    I got a picture framed just before Xmas, and found it reasonably priced, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

was it the dude with the glasses that helped you?, he is sound. i would reccomend this place too

• Advertisement

Yep, the very fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

as recommended to me , a framer who works from his shed much cheaper than the frame shops and the quality excellent - i know 1 lad does as a hobby but is really good

Advertisement