Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php and MySQL for dummies (me)

Options
  • 16-04-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hey, Just wondering if somebody could break down what role each of these play in a message board.

How i'm understanding it - MySQL is a database manager, so when somebody signs up, their info goes into the database. php pulls the information from the database to display it on the website? Is this right?

I'm trying to see if something is possible, but I don't know how to word it to google it. Basically i have a forum on a site, i'm looking to set up sub domains with identical forums on them, just without the posts.

For example ireland.mydomain.com will have an irish message board while england.mydomain.com will have the exact same message board, but obviously w/ english related posts.

The problem I see is having both forums connected to the same database, so when you register on one forum, you can use either of them... would this be possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You could use a common Users table to manage who has accounts, and different Forums and Posts tables to manage the individual threads.

Advertisement