Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone have a Porsche 924 I could have a look at?

• 16-04-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hi I mentioned before I'm thinking of buying a 924 as a second/weekend car. The thing is I've never had the chance to have a good look at one - I just like the look, and what people say about them. I was wondering, does anyone have one that they wouldn't mind showing me, even if you're not selling it?

I'd just like to see what they're like, interior, driving position etc. Obviously I wouldn't expect you to let a complete stranger like me drive it - just a look around would be great.

Failing that any advice or info on your experiences of owning one would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KF:)

Try going to some classic car shows, owners are usually more than happy to show their cars, Durrow show is on Sunday, there were at least 3 924's there last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

locteau has a 924. He is based in Galway though - where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

locteau has a 924. He is based in Galway though - where are you?

I'm in Dublin. I'm often back West though, coz I'm from Clare, I may give him a shout via PM, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

my brother has a 924 turbo, hes i wexford. personally i prefered the 944,its a bit beefier looking. bunclody is a long way down though. my cousin also has a turbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Yeah I prefer the 944 too - but it seems hard to find a good really old one ('82). I need to get a car that will soon qualify for vintage tax, so I will most likely end up buying a 924. There seem to be penty of '80 and '81 models for sale in the UK.

I'd like to see a 944 too though if anyone has one they can show me! I'd definitely consider buying that model if I find the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've got two of them, i'm in Cork if that's any good to you, no problems if you want to drive one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My cousin had a 1980 model, in red! It had an odd dog leg first gearbox. Great handling car though.

It also had an engine out of this:800px-Vw_lt_sst.jpg

Advertisement