Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Here's what I experienced in the dole queue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PFiddy

Neverwhere wrote: »
    I am on social welfare because i have serious mental illness and have spent 6 months at a time on a psych ward whilst very ill. Doctors have forced me to be on dissability allowance...but im still out looking for work and volunteering.

Jaysus fair play to you. My girlfriend works in a dole office and comes home with some awful "quotes" from those in the queue, some are downright hilarious but some really make you wonder why on earth you bother to get up in the morning and pay tax. She also got her car keyed outside the office by a disgruntled "client" who reckoned he was getting a raw deal by having his child benefit slashed after it was discovered that his children aren'y even living in the country. That said, I could be in there myself next week - better charge the iPod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

yeah i do and i only got it 2 months ago. pays well and it saves me leaching of the government whilst others complain. i actively looked for a job and followed up every lead ruthlessly.

What do you want, a round of applause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

yeah i do and i only got it 2 months ago. pays well and it saves me leaching of the government whilst others complain. i actively looked for a job and followed up every lead ruthlessly.

Good for you I hope it lasts. It's not today or yesterday I become unemployed so I know what it takes to get noticed but so far the jobs I have applied for haven't materialised into anything yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Good for you I hope it lasts. It's not today or yesterday I become unemployed so I know what it takes to get noticed but so far the jobs I have applied for haven't materialised into anything yet.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can, best of luck with the job hunt.

I only come to AH for a laugh, didn't think i'd be taken so seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Last time I was on the dole queue some guy went mental at the woman in the hatch (the welfare officer?) and picked up a chair and started slamming it against the reinforced glass.

It was pretty disturbing but the woman didnt even bat an eyelid- battle hardened I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If you don't mind me askin, what type of a job are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 reallyo'reilly

deadhead13 wrote: »
    What do you want, a round of applause?

i'd prefer a blue peter badge actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

get a hobby! volunteer at community service centre! clean up the streets/parks! help the elderly! theres plenty to do while looking for a job... all these people who have jobs and say that its eas are clueless because.... don don don... they HAVE jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

get a hobby! volunteer at community service centre! clean up the streets/parks! help the elderly! theres plenty to do while looking for a job... all these people who have jobs and say that its eas are clueless because.... don don don... they HAVE jobs!

completely agree. I spend a lot of time volunteering, it's a lot of fun and a really great way to build up your CV. Shows that even though you are on social welfare you arent sitting on your ass....accounts for time in between jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

i'd prefer a blue peter badge actually.

For smugness? Don't think they give them out for that.

Tallon wrote: »
    If you don't mind me askin, what type of a job are you looking for?

I have administration, sales, managerial & bar work experience but I'd work at anything now within reason, I wouldn't feel comfortable becoming, say, a hooker ;).

I've applied for office work, sales jobs, bar work, waitressing, cleaning, manufacturing etc.

I either don't hear back, I'm over qualified or the company decides that due to the current economic situation that they are not in a position to recruit.

What makes my blood boil is recruitment agencies that advertise a job at nine o' clock int the morning, at three minutes past nine my cv has been sent to them, at five past nine I ring them to say I have applied & would like an interview to be then told that the employer has received enough cv's & the job posting is closed for the moment until they decide to re open it. Next morning it's the same sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wouldn't feel comfortable becoming, say, a hooker ;).

Dang nammit

Currently doing a distance learning course & I have an elderly aunt who needs a lot of help also. Her family would normally share the responsibility but as I'm at a loose end I do what I can everyday to give them a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

What makes my blood boil is recruitment agencies that advertise a job at nine o' clock int the morning, at three minutes past nine my cv has been sent to them, at five past nine I ring them to say I have applied & would like an interview to be then told that the employer has received enough cv's & the job posting is closed for the moment until they decide to re open it. Next morning it's the same sh!te.

Recruitment companies are advertising jobs that don't exist or have been taken already to bulk up their websites etc.

studiorat wrote: »
    Recruitment companies are advertising jobs that don't exist or have been taken already to bulk up their websites etc.

Right this totally off the topic but would that not be considered false advertising? And if so is that not illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

That's why we need the quality educational system we have, so 14yr old kids can ask their mother for a fag with a bit of decorum.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PFiddy

There seems to be feck all jobs going except for IT jobs (my housemate landed a new job with some big software company, dunno what the role is but it sounds impressive).
    From an engineering background myself and have absolutely NO IDEA what i would do / where I would go if I was laid off tomorrow. Watched (and tried to help) my other half apply for jobs from Jan through to March, after having been laid off at xmas. She applied for 97 jobs altogether, got 19 replies, 2 interviews and eventually landed a job (hallelujah!)
    Its tough though (actually soul destroying) not to hear anything back, even an acknowledgement for you application would suffice.

Sorry... drifting off topic here

ntlbell wrote: »
    That's why we need the quality educational system we have, so 14yr old kids can ask their mother for a fag with a bit of decorum.

Yeah it's not a good situation but the entire wait was funny. You couldn't make up what they were saying & the phrases they were using.
    It was funny but I had to wait until I got home to have a giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Right this totally off the topic but would that not be considered false advertising? And if so is that not illegal?

Probably. But then again it's not exactly advertising, it's providing a list, they aren't actually advertising the company as such. Ooops! our list is wrong sorry about that, been too busy to sort it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I plan on going to visit the tree that all the jobs are growing on & I'll get one then.

Sorry dude......

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1294/1034708899_7bfda5fe73.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

Fizman wrote: »

that made me lol it did.

Fizman wrote: »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....as there are plenty more qualified people with stronger experience and better "fit" to the organisation and all the other bull they can throw at you to act as an excuse.
    Lets face it the country needs to generate thousands of jobs any way they can to fulfill the need for training and experience demanded by the private sector.
    If you have an ordinary level degree it not enough without the necessary relevant experience. If you haven't got a trade they don't want you in other jobs until you get one but no one is taking on apprentices, or want young people so you are excluded because you're over 50, then you find out people have got to year 2 of their apprenticeship and been let go and have to start back at year 1 again in another company, if they can find one to take them on.......
    By the time you get a course and do the necessary work to get the skill required you find it is out of date and there are hundreds of people ahead of you with more experience being let go ( SR technics, Dell and Xylinx) so what hope have you when those 3 layoffs alone will supply the necessary tech jobs for the next few years at least.
    Then you look at the Dail and see it is heavily overrepresented with teachers, solocitors,businessmen,farmers etc and very few technical or scientific people to know and understand the very grave difficulties faced by the tech sector in securing long-lasting, well-paid, sustainable and fulfilling employment with a proper balance of power to ensure dignity, respect and lack of fear in the workplace to which we are all entitled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Just back from signing on.

As I was standing in the queue, a mother & two daughters came in & stood behind me. They knew two guys who were standing in front of me & so the conversation started between the two groups.
    So after discussing which mutual friends were riding who these days, how they shouldn't be standing in the queue because ' those cnuts behind the counter know I'm not working so why the fcuk should I have to wait, sure
    I've never had a job ha ha ha', one of the daughters who was no more than 14 asked her mother for a ' fag, I'm dyin' for one & you never bought me any this morning ', the other daughter who is about 17 started saying that she wants to be settled in a new house before the baby is born & ' yer wan behind the counter better not give me any bull**** '.

Anyone else have story to add?
    No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

I have administration, sales, managerial & bar work experience but I'd work at anything now within reason, I wouldn't feel comfortable becoming, say, a hooker ;).

I've applied for office work, sales jobs, bar work, waitressing, cleaning, manufacturing etc.

I either don't hear back, I'm over qualified or the company decides that due to the current economic situation that they are not in a position to recruit.

Off topic but my friend works for a recruitment agency and say's 90% of the jobs on their particular site at present are false. Go figure

doolox wrote: »
    ....as there are plenty more qualified people with stronger experience and better "fit" to the organisation and all the other bull they can throw at you to act as an excuse.
    Lets face it the country needs to generate thousands of jobs any way they can to fulfill the need for training and experience demanded by the private sector.
    If you have an ordinary level degree it not enough without the necessary relevant experience. If you haven't got a trade they don't want you in other jobs until you get one but no one is taking on apprentices, or want young people so you are excluded because you're over 50, then you find out people have got to year 2 of their apprenticeship and been let go and have to start back at year 1 again in another company, if they can find one to take them on.......
    By the time you get a course and do the necessary work to get the skill required you find it is out of date and there are hundreds of people ahead of you with more experience being let go ( SR technics, Dell and Xylinx) so what hope have you when those 3 layoffs alone will supply the necessary tech jobs for the next few years at least.
    Then you look at the Dail and see it is heavily overrepresented with teachers, solocitors,businessmen,farmers etc and very few technical or scientific people to know and understand the very grave difficulties faced by the tech sector in securing long-lasting, well-paid, sustainable and fulfilling employment with a proper balance of power to ensure dignity, respect and lack of fear in the workplace to which we are all entitled.

Well to be fair you don't need to be tech/ scientifically minded to understand what's going on & find a solution to ease the pressure if not fix it.
    A bit of common sense will go a long way. I know of one Minister who approached me around the time of the last election, the man could barely string a decent sentence together. I mean as a public representative his people skills are appalling.
    Who rearranges their balls while looking for a vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

As I was standing in the queue, a mother & two daughters came in & stood behind me. They knew two guys who were standing in front of me & so the conversation started between the two groups.
    So after discussing which mutual friends were riding who these days, how they shouldn't be standing in the queue because ' those cnuts behind the counter know I'm not working so why the fcuk should I have to wait, sure
    I've never had a job ha ha ha', one of the daughters who was no more than 14 asked her mother for a ' fag, I'm dyin' for one & you never bought me any this morning ', the other daughter who is about 17 started saying that she wants to be settled in a new house before the baby is born & ' yer wan behind the counter better not give me any bull**** '.

I call bullsh~t on your story. All it's missing is the bookies and a drunk, if you had them, your stereotypical nonsense would be complete.

If it is true, good luck standing with those you criticize

I call bullsh~t on your story. All it's missing is the bookies and a drunk, if you had them, your stereotypical nonsense would be complete.

If it is true, good luck standing with those you criticize

Call it what you want but the reason I posted it was because I couldn't believe it happened & because it was funny to watch. I was standing in the queue for about 40 minutes before I got to the counter & there was a constant banter going between the two groups.
    And I didn't post it to criticse them, I posted it to see if anyone else had a weird/ funny or strange story to add to it.
    Also I didn't remember writing anything about how people from that background are all the same, you're the one stereotyping by bringing drunks & bookies into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Call it what you want but the reason I posted it was because I couldn't believe it happened & because it was funny to watch. I was standing in the queue for about 40 minutes before I got to the counter & there was a constant banter going between the two groups.
    And I didn't post it to criticse them, I posted it to see if anyone else had a weird/ funny or strange story to add to it.
    Also I didn't remember writing anything about how people from that background are all the same, you're the one stereotyping by bringing drunks & bookies into it.

OP. I totally believe you. My friends wife works in a dole office and some of the stories she tells me are unreal. I used to get the 38 bus into town when I worked in Dublin and there was some classy people sitting on the back of the bus each morning. Most of the time they were stoned out of the face on hash or 'yellows' (their words not mine) and the majority of them were on their way into court.

They didnt seem to give a fcuk that they were about to go up against a judge. Some mornings they would have bets as to what judge they would be seeing. Thankfully I had my MP3 player to drone out what they were saying.

Sometimes I would turn the MP3 player off to listen to their stories about how it was a deadly buzz robbing the car last night or how 'Anto' bet up his burd outside the pub cos she came in looking for him and wanted him to go home to look after the baby. Or how all those 'bleedin' foreingers were getting all the benefits and free buggies :rolleyes:

gazzer wrote: »
    OP. I totally believe you. My friends wife works in a dole office and some of the stories she tells me are unreal. I used to get the 38 bus into town when I worked in Dublin and there was some classy people sitting on the back of the bus each morning. Most of the time they were stoned out of the face on hash or 'yellows' (their words not mine) and the majority of them were on their way into court.

They didnt seem to give a fcuk that they were about to go up against a judge. Some mornings they would have bets as to what judge they would be seeing. Thankfully I had my MP3 player to drone out what they were saying.

Sometimes I would turn the MP3 player off to listen to their stories about how it was a deadly buzz robbing the car last night or how 'Anto' bet up his burd outside the pub cos she came in looking for him and wanted him to go home to look after the baby. Or how all those 'bleedin' foreingers were getting all the benefits and free buggies :rolleyes:

Yeah I heard a story a while ago about a young mother trying to get on a bus with a buggy & because the buggy was a bit bulky she decided to leave it on the pavement because ' social will get me another '.

I'd love to know if that actually happened but I know a few heads where I'm from that would probably chance it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hardly an entertaining story.

Now if you'll excuse me... there's work to be done.

Are you living in the real world or just smug:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

hey - easyeason3 - do you have any I.T. qualification if so pm me

now on thread or prob of thread

anyways the new rule for receiving payment of social welfare is that you have to have a photographic id - so i works in a post office and asked the customer for her id and gets the most waffly ever answer...

"ah you dont understand love i suffer from really bad depression i do - had it really bad last week you see i had to stay in me place for 4 days - you know on me own thats the longest i was on my own for - i just couldnt take it any more so i got loadsa booze and just kept drinking and drinking till i totally blacked out then me neighbour called in and saw me collapsed and came in and got me to hospital as i had hit me arm of something - i have a hole in me arm ya know - so i had to get bandaged up and well here i am - god i didnt know i had to have id - jaysus ill know for next time"

a simple no would have surficed -

i know this girl coming in and know she doesnt suffer depression - she knew of rules as she was in previous day - getting other money - she also complained she doesnt get much yet get basic money + living alone allowance + mobile phone allowance +fuel allowance .... what your due is what your due i suppose - this is a girl who has never worked in her life and gives us nothing but abuse on a weekly basis + hates waiting in queues as she does be busy (only buying the booze ) as i usually see her stumbling around when i go for my bus..

so its nice to read a thread like easyeason who has great experience in various capacitys and is willing to work anywhere just to be in work its refreshing i serve too many people who are so lazy and have no intention of getting a job - as it was said to me before "why would i wanna work when i can get free money" sums it up really -

so fair dues easyeason and best of luck in your job search it is definately not easy now but persevere and eventually you will get your luck ...

as for anyone who wants to joke about having a job and upping the op cut it out - these are really struggling times for people - its so difficult to find anything as there is so much competition - i mean 50 mcdonalds jobs and 500 turn up that is severe never mind any other type of positions that are going - dont ye people see the dwindling job vacancy adds..

anyway my little speech is finished......

shezzie wrote: »
    hey - easyeason3 - do you have any I.T. qualification if so pm me

now on thread or prob of thread

anyways the new rule for receiving payment of social welfare is that you have to have a photographic id - so i works in a post office and asked the customer for her id and gets the most waffly ever answer...

"ah you dont understand love i suffer from really bad depression i do - had it really bad last week you see i had to stay in me place for 4 days - you know on me own thats the longest i was on my own for - i just couldnt take it any more so i got loadsa booze and just kept drinking and drinking till i totally blacked out then me neighbour called in and saw me collapsed and came in and got me to hospital as i had hit me arm of something - i have a hole in me arm ya know - so i had to get bandaged up and well here i am - god i didnt know i had to have id - jaysus ill know for next time"

a simple no would have surficed -

i know this girl coming in and know she doesnt suffer depression - she knew of rules as she was in previous day - getting other money - she also complained she doesnt get much yet get basic money + living alone allowance + mobile phone allowance +fuel allowance .... what your due is what your due i suppose - this is a girl who has never worked in her life and gives us nothing but abuse on a weekly basis + hates waiting in queues as she does be busy (only buying the booze ) as i usually see her stumbling around when i go for my bus..

so its nice to read a thread like easyeason who has great experience in various capacitys and is willing to work anywhere just to be in work its refreshing i serve too many people who are so lazy and have no intention of getting a job - as it was said to me before "why would i wanna work when i can get free money" sums it up really -

so fair dues easyeason and best of luck in your job search it is definately not easy now but persevere and eventually you will get your luck ...

as for anyone who wants to joke about having a job and upping the op cut it out - these are really struggling times for people - its so difficult to find anything as there is so much competition - i mean 50 mcdonalds jobs and 500 turn up that is severe never mind any other type of positions that are going - dont ye people see the dwindling job vacancy adds..

anyway my little speech is finished......

I don't have a specific IT qualification but I'm an extremely fast learner????

Thanks for the post. I have to say I got a bit teary eyed at it because you wrote ' fair dues '. I know myself I'm doing everything I can & I would actually work at any job.
    But it's hard to listen to people running me into the ground & telling me to just go & get a job. I can understand where they are coming from but it doesn't make it any easier to read.
    I wish it was that easy but anyway thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

to put it simply and to further point out other users comments there is loads of jobs IF YOU BOTHER TO LOOK. obviously you are too lazy to look for one but not lasy enough to not get free money of the government. if you hate it so much START LOOKING AND STOP COMPLAINING. seen as you also have internet access then www.loadzajobs.ie , www.monster.ie or just typing job vacancies into google and searching within ireland will come up with at least one result.

moral of the story: dont complain about what your not about to change.

I know of an entry level job advertised in January that was only filled last week. I know in the region of 40 people were interviewed (and pretty much all of them would have been absolutely fine at the job). Employers are looking for gold at plastic prices, they're looking for years of experience and great qualifications for jobs people are vastly overqualified for.

I don't blame anyone for taking some time to find a job in their area. As a friend of mine who works in recruitment keeps saying, you're only as good as your last job. If you don't make an effort to find something within your own stream, and just take the first job you can get, not only are you doing yourself no favours, but anyone who is less well educated or experienced than you has no chance of employment because the job they would be qualified for has been filled by someone who should be further up the employment chain. It's a vicious circle.
    Yeah I heard a story a while ago about a young mother trying to get on a bus with a buggy & because the buggy was a bit bulky she decided to leave it on the pavement because ' social will get me another '.

I'd love to know if that actually happened but I know a few heads where I'm from that would probably chance it :)

I wouldn't be surprised. If you're professionally on welfare, the CWO will pretty much supply anything you need.

I know a family who decided to redecorate their kitchen and who dumped hundreds/thousands worth of white goods (all in the region of 2 years old) because the CWO would buy them new ones that would look better in the kitchen. I know another family who smashed some furniture because they didn't like it anymore and had it replaced, another who decided a two year old carpet didn't suit them anymore and had it replaced. Some people can play the system because they've been in it so long they know every loophole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

holly1 wrote: »
    Are you living in the real world or just smug:mad:
    there not being smug, the upturn is among us, if you dont have work at this stage your just too lazy to get a job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

wylo wrote: »
    there not being smug, the upturn is among us, if you dont have work at this stage your just too lazy to get a job

quit that smug flipper -- its a recession dont ya get it none of us are immune to it - you could be unemployed tomorrow

now lets get back to the intended light hearted thread

come on someone say something on thread - i already have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

wylo wrote: »

Are you on drugs or just being sarcastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

. It was meant to be a lighthearted discussion but as usual a few d!ckheads on a moral high horse have to turn it into something it's not.

That's boards.ie for ya! Everyone's just out looking for an argument! I liked your story :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A girl I know works in the welfare office down here in wfd. Apparently last week i thinks, mother was in there with her son who was about 5 she guessed. Child dropped trou and took a dump in the middle of the floor after and the mother didnt say anything but gave out to everyone who gave out about it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jimmy Carter

I got up and went to work.

STORY NOT RELATED

fukcin A!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

i blame the teachers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

That story been doing the rounds for a few years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

shezzie wrote: »
    + mobile phone allowance

Never heard of such a thing, I'm suprised

That story is years old, I first it 6 years ago.
    I'm not saying the CWO wouldn't get you a new buggy, they probably would.
    It's just a story everyone seems to have heard off. But has it realy happened hundreds of times that people on buses are discussing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would love to add a story but i have noticed a large portion of posters have become very hostile towards people on the dole lately. I am not contributing because of this.

I would say I agree this exists but not to the extent you say. What i have big problems with is the backround problems. Has anybody considered the amount of money social welfare fraud costs us every month, I am not talking about those women in the line but rather those people claiming that should not be

We seem more able to complain and moan about these women but sit by while large amounts of people rip off the welfare system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Volvagia wrote: »
    You can avoid nasty situations like that by getting a job.

yea...easy peasy:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I know most people on here might not believe me but I actually saw something very similar happen early last year. I was waiting for the 38 bus in the estate where I lived and the bus was about 100 meters away. In the distance 2 women came running towards the bus stop. One of them was pushing a child in a buggy. There must have been something wrong with it cos the woman took the child out of the buggy, left it in the middle of the footpath and just carried the child and ran to the bus stop and got to the bus. I asked her if she wanted to collect the buggy and she just looked at me blankly and got on the bus with the other woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody with any sense will say "Yes,thats been going on for years and its a ****in disgarce"..there are others however who will say "have you got a link?
    How do you KNOW they were unemployed?"
    These people dont exist,you're a racist and a facist"
    And other such bollocks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I lol'd at the story OP

Please post more

Dont mind the haters
    Keep your spirit up and eyes open
    And am sure your aunt appreciates the help you give her for free - rather than her claiming home help off gov (so basically you do have a job);-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Degsy wrote: »
    Anybody with any sense

Have you got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

hit the nail on the head there buddy. it works wonders.

Banned.

As for stories; I've a friend on the dole.
    When he goes to the SWO for his monthly signing he starts talking to people in the queue and asks them if they've been working at all lately.
    Just does it for a laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement