Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the story is for parking on campus?

I've to visit UCD for a few hours tomorrow morning, will it be busy, how much is it, etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Most parking in UCD is free, but some carparks are pay and display. This is the busiest time of the year for parking, but Fridays are less awful than other days. You'll get parked up to 10am on Friday and from anytime after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

[Insert standard Can O'Worms image here]

Look out for Friday, parking will be mad with the student centre car park being used for the Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Nice one, I'll hopefully be there early to make sure. :)

There are internal gates on the campus which prevent you driving through before 10:30am, so there are really 3 separate parking situations before that time. Probably best to enter from Foster's avenue, as it is furthest from the student centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

On this map which would be better? - The Fosters Avenue Entrance or Owenstown Entrance - both are off Fosters Avenue...

http://www.ucd.ie/building/downloads/traffic/ucd_map_2006_q2.pdf

• Advertisement

I should have said Owenstown entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

The ball is next week, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Yup, my bad, 24th it is. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What is the current situation on parking in UCD is it pay/free?
    And what will it be like on a Friday afternoon circa 2pm?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Friday at 2 should be ok to find a spot, a lot of activity eases off by friday afternoon. there is a mixture of pay and free car parks, there should be a sign if its pay and display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Michael Scofield

Is it OK to leave your car in the free car parks overnight?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

It is generally fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yeah it should be but usually sense applies, don't leave anything valuable in view at all. The only real crime that happens in UCD is very opportunistic-unlocked bikes, phones left in view in a car etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Try not to leave your car in any of the car parks near campus accommodation. I've had a friend's car whose wing mirrors were knocked off, while another car had one of those giant flower pots put on the bonnet of the car (true story). Parking in the vet/admin/sports centre car parks shoud be fine, but as with everywhere, there is always risk involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Michael Scofield

Thanks for the replies guys, if I was to leave it overnight it would probably be the small car park on the left when you come in the Clonskeagh Road entrance, I understand the risks of vandalism etc. when leaving a car overnight (on any college campus) but I think i'd take the risk leaving it there, I was more concerned with any regulations which would prevent me doing it or mean I found a horrible yellow clamp attached to the front wheel the following morning!

Thanks again.

Advertisement