Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rankings

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Last night I had a look at my Fifa ranking and im something like 1500 in the world which I thought was pretty good. Anyways had a look at number one and his previous games.

There ALL against the same player and they are all 3-0's. That can only mean the fella keeps giving him the games by quitting. I checked a few others in the top ten and they are ALL like that.

How is that allowed? Surely there are EA moderators that can easily spot things like that? Kinda ruins any point of the rankings doesnt it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ive played over 400 games, ive 70% winning average, and im still not ranked. Hows that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

The ranking system is pure cock. None of the rankings mean anything really.

EG: I've looked at people I've played against most recent games. It shows I had rank ~4000. On my on profile, it doesn't show a rank.

When do you get a rank? Nobody really knows. Its like the points you get at the end of a game. You can win 5-0, have more shots, more possession and be an inferior team, and your opponent can still get more points.

Also, just look at the Ultimate Team rankings. The guy in 1st, has won 1, draw 0, lost 0 so 100% record. The whole system is completely broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The ranking system is pure cock. None of the rankings mean anything really.

EG: I've looked at people I've played against most recent games. It shows I had rank ~4000. On my on profile, it doesn't show a rank.

When do you get a rank? Nobody really knows. Its like the points you get at the end of a game. You can win 5-0, have more shots, more possession and be an inferior team, and your opponent can still get more points.

Also, just look at the Ultimate Team rankings. The guy in 1st, has won 1, draw 0, lost 0 so 100% record. The whole system is completely broken.

If your playing a fella that has way less skill points sometimes they can get more points because they havent played it as much.

Also those points at the end of the game arent your skill points they are your ea sports world points.

Its worked for me as ive noticed the more ive been winning the quicker ive gone up in the rankings. If you loose you loose skill points by the way.

Never bothered with that ultimate team stuff so dont know what thats about.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

I noticed that 3-0 bull**** was happening in Fifa 08. Ten 3-0 wins in a row vs the same player and if you look at the game stats they dont even have 1 shot in the game. Some people have no lives at all.

I dont look at my own rank often because it means nothing really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    Last night I had a look at my Fifa ranking and im something like 1500 in the world which I thought was pretty good.

Your also the same player that says he only plays with liverpool and hasnt tried any other team except a handful of times and thinks if he doesnt get liverpool in the league he wont do well. If you arent good with anyone except liverpool then maybe you arent as good as you or the stats say either? Its easy to be good playing as Liverpool or Man Utd using Torres and Ronaldo, the stats in this game are pointless and meaning less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I was ranked before I started playing Ultimate... The way it works is that your SKILL POINTS determine your ranking.

You lose skills points for losing and win points for winning. The points vary depending on what the score is, stats etc and what ranking your opponent is and what star level your team is.

If you play as a 1 star team and beat a 5 star team you will get greater skill points. Also if he / she is ranked higher than you => the greater the points.

The ranking system is flawed sure. Most of the top ranked players have no life - and play as 0.5 star teams and get their friends to play as 5 star teams and let them win or disconnect :rolleyes:

I was ranked for a good while but because I stopped playing I presume the skill points level has shot up even more - so if I want to get back ranked I would prob need another 10winning (or more) streak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If your playing a fella that has way less skill points sometimes they can get more points because they havent played it as much.

So, what you are saying is that, you can get loads of points for just playing a game against a lad who plays it all the time, even if you have less possesion, less shots, and get beaten by 3+ and generally get hammered...
    Also those points at the end of the game arent your skill points they are your ea sports world points.

They should still work properly.

Axwell wrote: »
    Your also the same player that says he only plays with liverpool and hasnt tried any other team except a handful of times and thinks if he doesnt get liverpool in the league he wont do well. If you arent good with anyone except liverpool then maybe you arent as good as you or the stats say either? Its easy to be good playing as Liverpool or Man Utd using Torres and Ronaldo, the stats in this game are pointless and meaning less.

Jese relax! Yep ive only ever picked Liverpool and think ive played a few games with random teams. When lads online want to play with championship clubs or whoever I dont mind at all picking the readings and cardiffs.

And whatever you say but ive beaten lads that have picked Arsenal/Man United/Barca etc 10-0 etc so its not easy to be good with anyone! (Torres is class though)

Ive no problem with people picking the top teams. I pick Liverpool because I support them and I enjoy playing with them. Dont see why I should pick lesser teams to try and prove a point! Its a bit of fun at the end of the day to me anyways. Thats why I think quiters are pointless because I just want to play the game! Im not bothered if I win or loose.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    So, what you are saying is that, you can get loads of points for just playing a game against a lad who plays it all the time, even if you have less possesion, less shots, and get beaten by 3+ and generally get hammered...

They should still work properly.

Thats the ea sports world points but who cares about them anyways? You loose skill points when ya loose no matter what level you are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Jese relax! Yep ive only ever picked Liverpool and think ive played a few games with random teams. When lads online want to play with championship clubs or whoever I dont mind at all picking the readings and cardiffs.

And whatever you say but ive beaten lads that have picked Arsenal/Man United/Barca etc 10-0 etc so its not easy to be good with anyone! (Torres is class though)

Well i just read this (see below) on the other thread and if your in the league and as good as you say then you wont get Liverpool, i remember telling you this ages back but you dont seem to have tried anyone else out.
    Bet MarkSRFC last night 8-1 I think it was. You like watchin replays!

Ive a feeling im not gunna be half as good if I dont get to choose Liverpool. Ive picked them since day one. Think i choose different teams about 7 times in all!

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Well i just read this (see below) on the other thread and if your in the league and as good as you say then you wont get Liverpool, i remember telling you this ages back but you dont seem to have tried anyone else out.

Yeah i know. Well I am pretty good with Liverpool I admit :o just really used to them and just think EA have recreated Liverpool really well as I know that alonsos passing,rieras control, mascheranos tackling etc all seem pretty close to what the team is like in real life.

Im 15 games played 15 won in the league so doubt ill get the pool. But when I do choose my team ill start picking them more and sure what harm if im totally ****e!

Itl be good to play games with like minded people wanting to play the game properly. Really enjoyed the qualifying games.Dont deserve to be 15 wins in that anyways as some games could of went either way.

The random games online can be muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Im like 2000th or something....Don't tell me all that work was for nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

If you got there by winning fairly then well done, but there are probarly hundreds of cunts ahead of you that shouldnt be and you will never get the opportunity to beat them.

Well im not to bothered but it is annoying to see all the top players have those 3-0 wins against the same player. I play it for fun but its a cool feelin to see you have a good rank....not so good when ya see yall probably hit a rank where everyone else ahead of you just have "fake" matches.

Advertisement