Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got the old BMX put back together :D

Options
  • 16-04-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Spent a day last weekend putting my old bmx back together.

Took it apart months ago after screwing up the bottom bracket (cause of bent crank) with the intention to rebuild it using parts from my own bike and a bike a mate left at the house.

Apart from a new bottom bracket and hubs everything got a nice clean and fresh new grease. ended up only using the handle bars from my mates bike and cut them about 15mm either side, little bit narrower than my own.
    The bikes an old Haro Mirra 540air with a fork from a different bike (fork legs extend past the pegs) and wheels from a newer Haro.

Need to get some Gyro cables (I like my brakes) and tighten the crank again before it gets to loose.

Had forgotten about the odd creeking/cracking coming from the back wheel, not sure what it is, hoping it's just the sprocket and not the hubs.

Was nice to cycle it a little the other day, when it was nice weather. Can't even manage a bunny hop anymore, it feels totally wrong and me being very much out of shape won't help either.

Living in Drumcondra and as far as I know cabra park is nearest to me, does this place get used by bikers? Only ever been there once not long after it opened for a little look.

Jozi

EDIT: Meant to add, rear drop-out seems to be bent slightly. Had a hard time keeping the chain tight and the wheel aligned properly. Anyone want to chance bending it straight or any tips how i can do this my self?

Advertisement