Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Communion Ideas

Options
  • 16-04-2009 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,
    My son is making his communion next month and we are looking for ideas of where to take him for the day. We were thinking of the zoo but thats somewhere most go, we want something different. we live in meath and will travel as far as dublin.If anyone has any ideas we would be grateful :)

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi Suzi..like you, my daughter is making her communion on may 2nd. I have decided to have it at home and invite people here. Will have plenty of food and a bouncy castle and am trying to get an entertainer too.

Anyway back to your question.. the zoo can be a good one, weather permitting, Im trying to think of other places.. and my brain is failing me! , but if you plan on the zoo, Id have an indoor place as back up if it rains! I would also suggest you move this to the parenting forum, you might get more answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

theres a parenting forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251) you might get better answers there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Why don't you just ask him where he wants to go?

My parents obviously made some suggestions but we ended up having a day in Powerscourt (ask him does he want to go see a waterfall) and McDonalds when it used to be a huge treat to go :D He might have somewhere he likes to go, have a nice family day out! Break the new mould of having a huge shindig, it costs way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

I have asked him what he wants to do and he wants to go to the zoo...

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

suzi-suz wrote: »
    I have asked him what he wants to do and he wants to go to the zoo...

Thanks for your help :)

Yay! Have a great day :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement