Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distance of prom walk

Options
  • 16-04-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

just want to know whats the distance from say harvest off licence crossroad to the wall at blackrock, following the coastline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

2 1/2 to 3km

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

According to the GIS software I have its 3,359.629605 metres.

Sorry I can't be more precise than that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rorymagory

I run that fairly often, it's 2.5 miles out and 2.5 back, according to mapmyrun.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Google Earth's giving me 3.4km (2.1miles).

ge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

do you think this would be roughly the same distance as blackrock to the lighthouse and back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Zzippy wrote: »
    According to the GIS software I have its 3,359.629605 metres.

Sorry I can't be more precise than that! :P

Considering you didn't give the exact start and end points. It's not precise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

cL0h wrote: »
    Considering you didn't give the exact start and end points. It's not precise at all.

Smartarse! I gave the distance from the startpoint the OP gave to the endpoint mentioned. But just for you: :p
    Co-ordinates are Irish National Grid...
    Start: 129569 E 224849 N
    End: 127201 E 223512 N

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Zzippy wrote: »
    Smartarse! I gave the distance from the startpoint the OP gave to the endpoint mentioned. But just for you: :p
    Co-ordinates are Irish National Grid...
    Start: 129569 E 224849 N
    End: 127201 E 223512 N

hah. I was being a nerd cos your coordinates are correct to 1 micrometer which is a thousandth of a millimeter so measuring from a different part of the same stone in the blackrock wall would have changed the last 4 numbers of the distance you gave.
    Thanks for the extra info though. :)

Advertisement