Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help no hot water

Options
  • 16-04-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello folks
    The water stopped heating so I suspected the element. I took it apart and withdrew the object in the photo. It is blown and damaged. My problem is I have never seen a water heater like it. I brought it around to a few builder providers in Gorey and they had never seen (laughed) the like nor could they help me as where I might find one.
    IMG_0600.jpg

Can anyboby tell me where I might get one?????
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What lettering is written around the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Johnnyghia

2000 watt 230 volt 20406154 as best I can make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

what make is the cylinder? is it a pressurised cylinder? id recommend refitting it and tracing the power with a multimeter to find out if its the stat,the element or if its getting power from the switch in the first place
    did you have to drain it down to remove it or was it in a sleeve?

There is no maker on the tank. Its pressurised. The heating element just screws out of the sleeve. I disconected the stat and wired it direct before I removed it. On removal I could see the element was damaged and the wire coil blown. Think is foreign...maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Check the sleeve, if it is screwed into the vessel on a 11/2" or 2" thread you could buy a more common 2kw immersed element and fit that in place of the sleeve.
    Just a suggestion...

• Advertisement

Joe thanks I will have a root.

Advertisement