Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo won't POST

Options
  • 16-04-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Help! After years of prevarication I decided to build my several year old "upgrade". It's an ASUS AV8 with an AMD64 something I forgot. I put it in a case, connected up the power supply, slotted in my current memory and AGP video card and plugged in to monitor. When plugged in teh MOBO standby led comes on. When I switch the ATX power the cpu fan comes on and the keyboard lights up momentarily. But that's it. Nothing appears on the monitor, I've tried replugging all the components loads of times but I'm running out of things to try.
    Don't know if it's significant, but the monitor is a new lcd used at high resolution.
    I've tried plugging in a speak to the mobo slot but no beeps, even when I remove all teh memory.
    Though I don't know if I've connected the speaker correctly - the mobo is 4 pins, described asa +5v,ground,ground,speaker - the speaker has only 2 wires which are going to +5v and speaker pins.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

turns out there is a 4 pin atx12v 1.0 required by the mobo. Also turns out it requires 300w. The 145w psu in the spare case i acquired has neither.

Fan*ucking-tastic - started buying a quiet fan for my current computer. Which didn't fit the cpu (d'oh!), so got new cpu and mobo. Then needed to get new case to fit mobo. Now looks like I need a new PSU.
    If this ever finishes I'll end up with a heap of old junk cobbled togetehr and costing more than an alienware.

Advertisement