Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking a sweet potato?

• 16-04-2009 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

How long does this normally take in a fan oven? What temp? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Depends on size - 50 to 60 mins. 180 C. I'd start mine in the microwave first, about 4 mins per spud and about 20 mins in oven. Same as regular spud. Are you baking it whole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Baking it whole, yep. Last time I put it in the mic it was sizzling away after about a minute, got a bit worried about it and took it out!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Baking it whole, yep. Last time I put it in the mic it was sizzling away after about a minute, got a bit worried about it and took it out!

Cheers.

Just the water boiling away! I usually cook in the microave until it will give to a knife. Then bang it in the oven. Esp since you're only doing a few at a time seems wasteful to have the oven on for two spuds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

if you wrap it in tin foil put the heat upto 200oc or you can bake it sitting on some rock salt. you get a dryer potato

Advertisement