Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008/2009 NBA Playoffs

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Cremated wrote: »
    Sorry for sorta going OT here, been on these forums for years but never really posted,

but came across this thread just now,

I'm a Celtics fan but thought the game tonight was very good, the Lakers played very well and experience got them through some bad patches,

love to watch Kobe play,

anyways well done to the Lakers...

It was a crap game in fairness as the outcome was never in doubt, well before the final qtr. bit like the cl final this year between barca and man u

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

True, it's rare in final games these days that you can sit through the game, and be quite sure who is going to win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

True, it's rare in final games these days that you can sit through the game, and be quite sure who is going to win...

just seen nate robinson on 5 there, he out done howard on slamdunks.

fluck me, 5 foot 9 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

KG leaving the Celtics?, or back in the mix as in?, :eek:,

Shaq with Lebron sounds good,

will Wade stay put down with the Heat, while I was in the States people were saying that he could leave at the end of the season...

I meant KG will be or hopefully will be 100% fit with the Celtics next year.

Wade's contract is up for renewal in the famous Free Agency class of 2010 but he has expressed little to no desire to leave Miami so it looks unlikely on that front but you never know.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4146990

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

so is that it until nov?

• Advertisement

so is that it until nov?

Yep. The Draft however is coming up on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Ah no...what am I going to do untill Nov! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

so is that it until nov?
    NBA Summer League is on for a 10 days in Vegas in July.
    http://www.teamhallpass.com/2009/03/2009-nba-summer-league-dates-set/
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/

It won't feature any really big names, be interesting to see how some prospects like Ricky Rubio perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

lafortezza wrote: »
    NBA Summer League is on for a 10 days in Vegas in July.
    http://www.teamhallpass.com/2009/03/2009-nba-summer-league-dates-set/
    http://www.nba.com/summerleague2009/

It won't feature any really big names, be interesting to see how some prospects like Ricky Rubio perform.

He could always watch the WNBA?

Does anybody really watch the WNBA though533.gif?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Yep. The Draft however is coming up on the 25th.

wonder who'll be no.1 pick :rolleyes:

Liam O wrote: »
    wonder who'll be no.1 pick :rolleyes:

Tyler Hansbrough;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tyler Hansbrough;)
    I presume this is a joke but I don't get it?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I presume this is a joke but I don't get it?

It was a joke in the sense that he (Hansborough) would be one of the most unlikely draft candidates to be picked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was a joke in the sense that he (Hansborough) would be one of the most unlikely draft candidates to be picked first.
    But Blake Griffin is the certain no.1 pick, so everybody is as unlikely as Hansborough to go at no.1?

Hansborough is expected to go late in the mid to late teens, I think he could end up being value and is underrated by many imo, which is hard to fathom since he has been in the limelight his whole college career. Its such a pity that the Celtics don't have a pick, I'd love to see him go there and learn from KG over the next couple of years.

eagle eye wrote: »
    But Blake Griffin is the certain no.1 pick, so everybody is as unlikely as Hansborough to go at no.1?

Hansborough is expected to go late in the mid to late teens, I think he could end up being value and is underrated by many imo, which is hard to fathom since he has been in the limelight his whole college career. Its such a pity that the Celtics don't have a pick, I'd love to see him go there and learn from KG over the next couple of years.

Yeah I read my post just there and went :o

As I said earlier Hansborough is a sleeper. Most mock drafts I've seen have him going in the mid 20's to either the Thunder or the Jazz. If the Thunder somehow get both Thabeet and Hansborough it wouldn't be a bad first round draft at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah I read my post just there and went :o

As I said earlier Hansborough is a sleeper. Most mock drafts I've seen have him going in the mid 20's to either the Thunder or the Jazz. If the Thunder somehow get both Thabeet and Hansborough it wouldn't be a bad first round draft at all

Yeah they would be looking good with a front court pairing like that and then allow Green to play the 3 and maybe move Durant to the 2. If not they could just get Tyson Chandler :p

Advertisement