Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008/2009 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I've said it before but it's a credit to Chris Paul that he's made it this far with such a horrible bench. Daniels isn't a great backup for Paul, Sean Marks and Hilton Armstrong are scrubs, Posey is a shadow of himself from last year and I don't think it helps that Peja and Peterson are shooting horrible percentages.

Must be gutting to be a Magic fan and lose to two last second shots in the Philly series . Shaq said something earlier this season about Van Gundy being the master of losing it in panic situations and it does look like the Magic aren't playing as freeely or as carfree as the Sixers. Shaq has a reputation as a coach killer but he looks as if he may be right on this one.

Rockets to finally advance to the second round for the first time in the 21st century?.

Miami starting to turn it on against Atlanta and already look much better, It's the same in the Dallas series. The Spurs look done getting no contribution fron anyone other then Duncan or Parker. Unless the likes of Mason or Gooden contribute they are finished.

Lakers and Jazz series should be over next game

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Good with for Chicago. Great game.

How ironic would it be if the Rockets were to make it to the 2nd round without T-Mac and continue his jinx:D

The Pistons are very much a joke. What good was it swapping a Defensive minded player like Billups for an offensive ballhog like Iverson?. I'm a huge Iverson fan but he can't help a team that doesn't revolve around him and has role players and Shooters. I think he is a Hall Of famer no question but this year has tainted his legacy a little. Reckon Dumars will go hard after Bosh this offseason

Bulls and Celtics was an absolute classic. I've been very impressed by Rose but having not seen Rondo play that much at all this year I was pleasantly surprised. At least he is a top 10 perhaps top 5 PG right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The Pistons are very much a joke. What good was it swapping a Defensive minded player like Billups for an offensive ballhog like Iverson?. I'm a huge Iverson fan but he can't help a team that doesn't revolve around him and has role players and Shooters. I think he is a Hall Of famer no question but this year has tainted his legacy a little. Reckon Dumars will go hard after Bosh this offseason

Bulls and Celtics was an absolute classic. I've been very impressed by Rose but having not seen Rondo play that much at all this year I was pleasantly surprised. At least he is a top 10 perhaps top 5 PG right now.

I totally agree with you about the Pistons and Iverson, they need to do some rebuilding and re-evaluate the team because they could keep on falling for a couple more years the way they are going.

Bulls and Celtics is proving to be a great series, expect the Celtics to win but the Bulls have been great for the most part.
    Rondo is proving to be a very good pg, i still have issues with parts of his game but he is great defensively, rebounding and getting to the basket.

Miami could be in trouble, Wade is suffering from back spasms and looked out of sorts, he had to be helped off the bench at one stage when he was coming back on.....

New Orleans .....EMBARRASSING.

Will be interesting to see what happens to some of Utahs players next year, Boozer could be going elsewhere i think, they will probably keep Okur.

• Advertisement

Still can't belieive that the Nuggets won by that much. It's the worst home loss in NBA history. I don't mean playoff history, I mean that in the history of the league, no team has ever lost by more points at home. 3rd worst loss ever etc. They should just refund the fans that went to the game. It's the least they could do.... If Denver keep playing like this you might just have to consider them as darkhorses.

On a unrealted Playoff note very sad that Mutombo's Career is over.Shame to see him go because of an injury rather than on his own. The only reason why he was still playing is because he gives part of his salary to his country to help them out with healthcare and other stuff. Gonna miss the finger waving stuff as well. Great man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Im in Dallas at the moment and the place is going crazy with the mavs unreal win last night. Im loving it , i really think we are on a roll now as to be fair in march i did not even think we would make the play offs. Dirk finally showed us last night what he can do and jj was awsome!

Im in Dallas at the moment and the place is going crazy with the mavs unreal win last night. !

Haha well it certainly makes up for your chokes in recent years against the Warriors and the Hornets:p In all seriousness best of luck against the Nuggets. Should be a cracking series that.

Still can't belieive that the Rondo flagrant wasn't called. He practically punched Brad Miller in the face and was never anywhere near blocking that shot. I thought officating in the NBA was suppossed to be a lot more solid after the Donaghy fiasco. How wrong could I have been.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Chicago are blowing good leads in every game, they should have won at least 2 extra games and here in game 6 they throw away a 13 point lead before halftime :(

And now a 10 point lead in the 4th. They just blew it. letting Boston go on that run in the 4th was criminal.

Wow what a comeback, now heading into overtime. looks like I spoke too soon about the Bulls. This is such an amazing series.

OMG, double overtime again! this is fantastic! I should be asleep right now...

TRIPLE OVERTIME, so much for sleep, the Bulls really don't deserve to go out tonight after this performance but Ray Allen, 51 points and there is still time left!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Haha well it certainly makes up for your chokes in recent years against the Warriors and the Hornets:p In all seriousness best of luck against the Nuggets. Should be a cracking series that.

Still can't belieive that the Rondo flagrant wasn't called. He practically punched Brad Miller in the face and was never anywhere near blocking that shot. I thought officating in the NBA was suppossed to be a lot more solid after the Donaghy fiasco. How wrong could I have been.....

+1 and it was heartbreaking to see Miller have to go up and take those free throws. Maybe should've been a flagrant 2 tonight as well, what'd you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Celtics to go out in the first round? Even if they do go through, a 7 game series in the first round will do them no favours. I'm still going with a Cle V LA final.

Liam O wrote: »
    . Maybe should've been a flagrant 2 tonight as well, what'd you think?

It very well should have been

.Anyway they should sell this series on DVD. I'd buy it. This was destined to go 7. Only two games haven't gone to OT so far, and one of those ended on a Ray Allen 3 pointer w/two seconds left.

Unbelievable. Kinetic is right though I don't know how either team has anything in the tank for the next round .

Where do you start with a game like that, it has been a fantastic series and this game had everything, very exciting to watch.
    Saying that though, it was also very frustrating to watch, the amount of mistakes both teams made was criminal, not just nerves but really bad plays.
    I suppose a lot of the bad ones in overtime can be put down to both mental and physical fatigue.

Rondo looked like a different player, who knows what he was at with Hinrich, the way the refs started out I thought they both would get ejected even though Rondo seemed to initiate it. Rondo seemed very subdued after that although he did have some good assists.

Rose has been poor enough since the first game in my opinion, first quarter he was good but really faded after that, he has to take more care of the ball and stop those silly turnovers.

The amount of chances both teams had to win it was unbelievable, the Celtics could of closed this out if they used their brains, GIVE THE BALL TO ALLEN, the man was on fire and is just a brilliant player, we had Rondo taking the last shot, Davis was looking for the last shot at one stage and blocked a path to Allen getting the ball, shocking decisions.
    Pierce took a couple of shots that could of won it but you can let those go because he is a player you can rely on most of the time.
    There were a couple of plays were Allen was waving his arms in the air looking for the ball, he has to get it, it was mind boggling.

The Bulls couldn't even get a shot off an inbounds to win it and they had one lame effort off Gordon I think where as they should of drove to the basket.

Its playoffs I suppose and this series has been crazy so everything intensifies.

It very well should have been

.Anyway they should sell this series on DVD. I'd buy it. This was destined to go 7. Only two games haven't gone to OT so far, and one of those ended on a Ray Allen 3 pointer w/two seconds left.

Unbelievable. Kinetic is right though I don't know how either team has anything in the tank for the next round .

+1

Holy **** , what a game again, i kept changing my mind through the match as to who i wanted to win. That block in the 3rd ot was out of this world , Noah was unreal but words fail every time allen gets the ball, 40points plus again:eek: last night. When is the last game of this seris on guys?

+1

. When is the last game of this seris on guys?

Tommorow 1AM Irish time or 7PM your time

Hawks against Heat tonight at 1am, probably the 2 weakest teams in the playoffs tbh. I doubt it'll be a pretty game.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Just watched game six. Thought the Bulls were done for about half way through the fourth quarter. Has to be one the best series this decade.

I can't believe we've to be put through a game 7 of Heat vs Hawks.

Tbh, the entire playoff series needs to be looked at imo. 7 games per round is way too much. 82 games in a season is way too much. It gives no sense of value to the regular season when you have too many games. You should play each team home and away in the regular season. Then it should just be straight knockout in the playoffs, no second chances.....never mind 7 chances. The Americans seem to complicate things when it comes to sports leagues for some reason. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think its a fair system. I think the better team usually comes out on top over seven games. Just think about it, you lose one home game in the playoffs and you could be out in a five game series, but over seven you can recover from one home loss.

Anyways the big game tonight, the Celtics have been less than inspiring so far. Ray Allen had a magnificent game the other night, but Rondo needs to be scoring if we are to progress. This Bulls team are quite strange they have been in a lot of the games but collapsed in a game as well. You just don't know what you are going to get from them. I think they are going to be a force in the next two years but I don't think they are ready yet. I'm hoping that Rose goes missing tonight and that our starting five all show up.

I still don't see us progressing any further than the next round though if we don't have KG at some stage. Anyways really looking forward to tonight. Lets go Celtics!!!

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=49d76b4b9e7ad

Rondo shouldn't be in this game tbh, should be suspended. Anyway, hopefully the Bulls can pull this off.

• Advertisement

Great start to the game with both teams coming out with all guns blazing. 2nd chance shots are killing the bulls though.

What are you on about there. Rondo grabbed Hinrich's arm but there was no intent to throw him into the table. No way was it intentional.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What are you on about there. Rondo grabbed Hinrich's arm but there was no intent to throw him into the table. No way was it intentional.

What the hell are YOU talking about? He blatantly pulled him to get him out of the way. It's not even a flagrant foul, it's a disqualification foul.

I am just absolutely amazed by these bulls. There is no way that they should be playing this well. Do we dare give credit to Del Negro? I know bulls fans can't stand the guy.

Lol, big change since the last post. Celtics were on fire for the second half of the second quarter. Fantastic defensive performance, and the bench House, Moore and my man Scal weighing in with big baskets. Really looking good, I'm so excited now I don't even remember the half time score but we lead by 12 or 14, and nearly knocked down a huge buzzer beating three pointer from our own half. Woohoo, keep it going Celtics!!!

That second quarter really killed off the Bulls chances. :(

The shot selection for the bulls for the past 4/5 offences have been awful.

edit......and it continues!

Decent game tonight, Bulls started out well but only played in patches after that, difference was the Celtics finally got help off the bench.
    Gordon is just left to take whatever shot he wants, you would never guess he will be a free agent, probably can't say a word to him, it fine when they go down but is shocking when they don't.
    Heinrich had a good series, wouldn't be surprised if some teams came in for him, quality player, fits in well with Rose and Gordon though, Bulls should keep him but would like to see him at Warriors.
    Celtics could struggle again unless they get more of some players.

On the topic of the league and amount of games and stuff, its obvious there are too many regular season games, its all about money and games lose their value, don't see to much wrong with playoffs though. They could make adjustments to decreasing the best of seven but it doesn't bother me that much.

I think the football season is good, every game has big importance and thats what makes it special.

mavs v denver on in 40 mins or so, Il be roaring my heart out for the mavs but the nuggets are prob way to strong over the series , but hey they said that to about san antonio and we took the first game there and finished it off in 5 so who knows! Im a bit worried about Dirk to be honest im not sure he is top top class.

• Advertisement

Atlanta go through, wtf. They're an awful team.

Anyway, I'm also up for the mavericks in the next game. Hopefully it will be a decent series.

Edit: Dampier looks in a bad way, not a good start to the series.

Advertisement