Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008/2009 NBA Playoffs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

if cleveland dont win this year surely lebron should pack up and join someone like the lakers
    he needs to have 3/4/5 nba titles before his career finishes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

conno16 wrote: »
    if cleveland dont win this year surely lebron should pack up and join someone like the lakers
    he needs to have 3/4/5 nba titles before his career finishes up

Unless LA get rid of a lot of players or one of their big guns to make some cap room, there is no chance LeBron will join them. I could see him jumping towards someone like OKC though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the knicks have looked in the past according to reports
    NY needs guys like lebron
    although he might need to leave his collection of headbands behind him, not exactly fashionable in the east coast (unless ur into badminton)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

andyman wrote: »
    . I could see him jumping towards someone like OKC though.

Why do you say that? I can hardly see him leaving from one small team/market to go to another.

conno16 wrote: »
    the knicks have looked in the past according to reports
    NY needs guys like lebron although he might need to leave his collection of headbands behind him, not exactly fashionable in the east coast (unless ur into badminton)

haha lebron will make them fashionable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i dont think lebron will be going anywhere.. its only game one guys.. i still think the cavs will win this series.. as for the finals im not so sure..

as for new york showing interest.. who wouldnt show interest in lebron james.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I think he'll end up a Knick which makes me lol at the Oklahoma talk. They're going to offer him a max contract, barely below what Cleveland will offer (he makes more money out of bball that from his contract anyway, so it's not a big deal), and the chance to play for a franchise willing to spend whatever is necessary to surround him with great/good players that will help him win the ring.

A different issue is if he should be talking about it as he has done in the past All he has to do is shut up and decide once the time comes, not sooner. Talking about it can only hurt his status on the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

man,

between both game 1s im exhausted.

i'm going to stick my neck out and say both cleveland and lakers to win in 6.

if denver couldn't win the other night, dominating like they did, i don't think they have enough about them to win the series.

and LeBron is just a freak of nature, and Cleveland just switched off for the 3rd quarter. i think they'll eventually have too much for Magic in the long run.

it'll all be awesome to watch anyway.

and sure, who doesn't want to see Kobe v LeBron?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think everyone underestimated Orlando and how well they match up against the Cavs. Howard and Lewis are going to cause some headaches in the these games on how they should match up.
    It does seem that the Cavs fell asleep late on but with Lebron knocking down everything and them still not winning, it could be a tough series.
    Fair play to Orlando though, they were able to finish off a close game.
    I still expect the Cavs to come through though.

Orlando v Denver final would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Woah! what a great game, on the edge of my seat for the entire late quarter, such a great come-back for the magic, they deserved it, they really did.

jaysus does LBJ ever rest, I think I saw him off court maybe once lol. - He really is an animal :D

D12 is grabbing 38.3% of the available defensive rebounds in the playoffs when he's on the court. To put that in perspective, the greatest defensive rebounding rate in NBA history is Dennis Rodman, grabbing 36.7% of them in the 1992-93 season. That's amazing:eek:

• Advertisement

Chicken nuggets even stevened it at 1-1!

Went right down to the wire

Damn my sleeping routine is fu(ked up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah the Nuggets were superb in the second half, a bit like last nights game in that the Lakers go up by 14 at one stage in the second quarter but were only just ahead at halftime. Melo was superb tonight, the guy has really come on this year. I think they will take the Lakers, two tight games in LA there and they go home now and will take the lead imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Kobe didn't seem too hard to be trying to get open,shocking airball from Fisher! Lakers really threw that one away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

kmart6 wrote: »
    Kobe didn't seem too hard to be trying to get open,shocking airball from Fisher! Lakers really threw that one away!

Anthony had him in his pocket all game , but he still shot 32! I have said it since the beat the Mavs, Denver will take this series! LA are to reliant on Kobe. Man did you all see the celebrities in the crowd it must be a nightmare to get tickets for a lakers home game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Tim131 wrote: »

jaysus does LBJ ever rest, I think I saw him off court maybe once lol. - He really is an animal :D

No he does not he is Jordenesq ! Can you believe his spread was 31.5 on paddy power , i put a benjamin on him and got back one eighty! nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lebron james

No he does not he is Jordenesq ! Can you believe his spread was 31.5 on paddy power , i put a benjamin on him and got back one eighty! nice.

Good call man!

kmart6 wrote: »

I think Nuggets really deserved it as in the same way Lakers deserved the first game, it was just a close game that the Nuggets were able to close.

Billups was brilliant in my opinion, he really led the team, the way he drove to the basket drawing fouls is something a lot of teams lack, he is a joy to watch. Carmelo wasn't too bad either :p

I think Denver should win this, they must try and do something with Gasol, he hurts them big time, they give up way too many easy offensive rebounds.

Whoa, LeBron is just unreal.

Youtube will follow here shortly.

Ugh 3 hours sleep. As promised a youtube, not the best quality but its the best vid of it and there are loads.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

2 Words

LEBRON JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelieveable!!! I was getting ready to post about how I couldn't believe Orlando had gone up 2 zip............and then BAM!!

LBJ for the 3! That's historic! Jordan watch your back :p

Poor Turkoglu, thought he had it won! :)

NBA, I love this game!

Unbelievable shot by LeBron, there is very little you can do to stop that.
    Cleveland got lucky in my opinion, they are playing poor and were left off the hook, could be a turning point in the series.

My friend pointed out something to me when Orlando scored what everyone thought was the winner, LeBrons defense on the inbound pass was shocking, he just stood flat footed and let Orlando put in an easy pass. There has to be more intensity than that, he should of been looking for steel like Ariza did for Lakers or just making the player putting the pass in work a bit harder by jumping in front of him, maybe it was bad coaching, then Turk was let go to his favored left side.

• Advertisement

Thought Lewis and his defense of the inbound pass was even more shocking tbh

With one second left how does Orlando let:

1st - the ball get past the player inbounding the ball to a player who can hit that shot

2nd - let LEBRON JAMES get the ball at the top of the key lined up for the 3.

There is no reason they shouldn't have had Howard/Gortat guarding Mo Williams inbounding that ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Thought Lewis and his defense of the inbound pass was even more shocking tbh

With one second left how does Orlando let:

1st - the ball get past the player inbounding the ball to a player who can hit that shot

2nd - let LEBRON JAMES get the ball at the top of the key lined up for the 3.

There is no reason they shouldn't have had Howard/Gortat guarding Mo Williams inbounding that ball
    Are you for real?
    You put Howard on Williams and he throws the ball to the rim. And LeBron's shot was amazing, nobody else hits them shots in them situations.
    The main thing there is to protect an inside pass and try and win the game, you are happy to have the other team attempted a difficult jumper from the outside as its unlikely to come off.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Van Gundy even admitted he made a mistake on the inbounding pass in that situation so it appears I wouldn't be alone in that opinion. They should have Gortat and Howard both on the floor at least to prevent a possible lob to the basket if the LeBron plan didn't work

Don't get me wrong it was an incredible shot by LeBron but it's hard not to feel that Orlando messed up in that situation.

I think it is very hard to criticize the defense because it was such a great shot but there are certain things that could of been done better.
    Only person taking that shot was James and maybe Williams but he was in bounding so you could of doubled James.
    On the inbound pass, I think Sea Devils has a point, Lebron got a clear pass, could of been made more difficult, made him bounce pass it.
    Could of put Pietrus on LeBron, seems to defend him a bit better, Turk let LeBron get that little bit of space he needed.

But it was a great great shot that is difficult and near impossible to defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lebron james

Sea Devils wrote: »

Don't get me wrong it was an incredible shot by LeBron but it's hard not to feel that Orlando messed up in that situation.

At only 24 Lebron is only going to get better and better. Man that shot last night was out of this world. Credit to Orlando, but lebron is lebron and il bet if he had to make that shot ten times it would go in every time.

, but lebron is lebron and il bet if he had to make that shot ten times it would go in every time.

Don't be ridiculous. As incredible as LeBron is there's no way he's making a catch and shoot with one second left every time. There's a reason why some of the media are proclaiming it one of the best Playoff shots ever

The Lakers got lucky last night. If it wasn't for the Nuggets missing 22 3 pointers, Melo fouling out and Karl's decision to put in Anthony Carter instead of Dhantay Jones as well as his inability to draw up a inbounds play for the second time this series then it could be a different story.

Having said that Kobe Bryant was unbelivable didn't miss a beat at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Magic Cavs game 3 @ Orlando tonight, can't wait. Hopefully there will be some half decent refs tonight, Fridays game was obviously rigged by the NBA, they desperately want a LeBron vs Kobe final.... sickening really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tim131 wrote: »
    Magic Cavs game 3 @ Orlando tonight, can't wait. Hopefully there will be some half decent refs tonight, Fridays game was obviously rigged by the NBA, they desperately want a LeBron vs Kobe final.... sickening really.

What?!

Advertisement