Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008/2009 NBA Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Cavs never looked like winning tonight, can't believe the Magic are ahead 2-1. I think it's gonna be tough for the Cavs.

Howard was great had 24 points in about 5 minutes it seemed :)
    The whole Cavs team in foul trouble aswell it seemed Varajou and Igaulskas fouled out, West had 5, Williams had 4
    I don't know how lebron does it, he messed around and nearly had a tripple double not to mention 40 points and he wasn't even shooting well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

There were 86 free throws attempted. Free throw shooting contest or the two best teams in the East battle it out...I'd rather watch the latter.

Still nice win by Orlando, with D12 only playing 28 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The first half was a joke from cleveland. Stupid turnovers and sloppy passing cost them. LeBron can make the biggest shot of his career whenever the hell he wants but it's a 7 game series.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    The first half was a joke from cleveland. Stupid turnovers and sloppy passing cost them. LeBron can make the biggest shot of his career whenever the hell he wants but it's a 7 game series.

I agree man i was disappointed in him last night he missed like 4 frethrows in the 4th quarter what the hell, choaking in crunch time wont win you a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah game was a bit of a bust. Stayed up late to watch it and it nearly put me to sleep :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have a funny feeling the Lakers win tonight. Game 3's win took some serious cajones, the likes of which hadn't been seen from this team as of yet. It'll be interesting to see if Denver starts mentally cracking, as all the "guarantees" seem to indicate. JR Smith did the same trash talk last year, and then Kobe went out and dropped 49 & 10 dimes on him. They need to play Kleiza more.

Although having said all that they could easily screw up and we could see a repeat of the Houston series games 4 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Very hard to call again, I think Nuggets need Billups and Carmello to play well, if they do then I think they will win.
    If Kobe doesn't play well then I don't see them winning, they have great players but seem to struggle sometimes when it comes down to the team as a whole.

Very hard to call again, I think Nuggets need Billups and Carmello to play well, if they do then I think they will win.

Yes so much depends on Billups and Mello as they were a no show in the last game and thats what lost it for them. Lakers didnt win the last game Nuggets lost it and lost it in a bad way by falling apart, made for a bad game to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what time does this start at irish time?

i got hooked while over in the States for the last 2 weeks.

2 in the morning tonight but unless you want to watch it on your computer as its not on tv your out of luck.

pm me if you need help watching it on your comp :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Xrox wrote: »
    2 in the morning tonight but unless you want to watch it on your computer as its not on tv your out of luck.

pm me if you need help watching it on your comp :D

i'm pretty sure it's on setanta ireland.

so iv been told.

just didn't know the time.

Sorry not tonight it isnt its only on twice a week on setanta and last night was one of those nights and i just checked the listings again and no its not on setanta tonight.

So if you do need help p.m. me as i dont want to hi-jack this thread to explain how to do it.

Right back to the playoffs id say if the nuggets win tonight they will win the whole lot if they bottle it then Lakers V magic final

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brilliant performance by the Nuggets and Melo was not that good either. All around team performance. Rebounding got it done. 2-2.

When you're best player goes 3-16 but you still comfortably defeat the Lakers then you know you have a good team (better then I anticipated anyway).

Looks like I underestimated them in my last post.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    When you're best player goes 3-16 but you still comfortably defeat the Lakers then you know you have a good team (better then I anticipated anyway).

Looks like I underestimated them in my last post.
    Well I predicted they would beat the Lakers if they met them. Its on, its a very interesting series now. Really, really impressed with Nene tonight and Martin as well. Ah hell they were all good in fairness.

Glad to see Billups stepped up to lead the team with Mello throwing up pre game and needing an I.V. at half time to replace his fluids. Billups pushed the team forward that combined with an outstanding performance by the nuggets bench filled the gap a sick mello had left.

Now all they have to do is repeat this performance next time they are at home and nick one game in LA and theyll be in the final and most likely get themselves a few rings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The Birdman is my new favourite player.

Here's an interesting question

If you had to build a starting five with the 4 teams left in the playoffs, but could not use each team's best player (LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, and Melo) what would your team look like?

My lineup would be

PG - Billups (Easily the best PG)
    SG - Courtney Lee (This was the toughest position to pick, but Lee is a very impressive rookie)
    SF - Rashard Lewis (Best SF left after 'Melo and James)
    PF - Gasol (Soft but who else can you really pick?)
    C - Nene (Efficient, can finish around the basket and could be a good compliment to Gasol

lafortezza wrote: »
    The Birdman is my new favourite player.

Totally agree he reminds me alot of some other tatoo'd nut job that played once upon a time so much so i started a thread to see if i was the only one.

Ill enjoy him as a player once he doesnt start wearing wedding dress's in public:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Here's an interesting question

If you had to build a starting five with the 4 teams left in the playoffs, but could not use each team's best player (LeBron, Dwight, Kobe, and Melo) what would your team look like?

My lineup would be

PG - Billups (Easily the best PG)
    SG - Courtney Lee (This was the toughest position to pick, but Lee is a very impressive rookie)
    SF - Rashard Lewis (Best SF left after 'Melo and James)
    PF - Gasol (Soft but who else can you really pick?)
    C - Nene (Efficient, can finish around the basket and could be a good compliment to Gasol

Could argue that Billups would be the best player on the Nuggets but no difference any how.
    Maybe JR Smith for Lee.
    For Center I am a big fan of Ilgauskaus but do think Nene would compliment Gasol as well. Gortat has also impressed me this season, his test will come next year when he will probably sign for a new team and start for them I think.

• Advertisement

For me it would be........

PG - Chauncey Billups
    SG - Delonte West
    SF - Hedo Turkoglu
    PF - Rashard Lewis
    C - Nene Hilario

I should be wary after last nights perdiction gone wrong but I think the Cavs tie it up tonight. Mo finally plays like the substitute all star he was this year but also mainly because I don't want to see him look redfaced after his gurantee that the Cavs would make the finals

I should be wary after last nights perdiction gone wrong but I think the Cavs tie it up tonight. Mo finally plays like the substitute all star he was this year but also mainly because I don't want to see him look redfaced after his gurantee that the Cavs would make the finals

Oh I thought you meant like this :D

moo.jpg

What a game tonight, Magic V Nuggets final if nuggets pull their heads out of their asses

Damn cleveland down 3-1, who'd a figured! :eek: not I. Can't believe this. Lebron made some bad plays towards the end but Clevelands offense was stuck in the mud 2nd half - barely moved!?
    I think Coach Brown was unwise to have LBJ play the entire 2nd half even though I'm sure LBJ had something to do with it. I also think LBJ should have stayed on Lewis for the final play of regular time who he had been guarding all game efficiently (think Lewis had less than 10 points at that time).
    Mad to go to Overtime,
    Really dissapointed :(, thought Cavs could have nicked it, such a close game
    Serious pressure on them now.

LeBron didn't have his best night with a few turnovers but I thought he was gonna get it done at the buzzer again, it would have been amazing to drain two three pointers in a row to take it down. Not to be though, its an uphill battle all the way now.

Man i nearly wanted him to make that shot at the end too as it would mean that this series would have at least 2 more games in it but now were only sure therell be one more as magic can win it on the next one but i doubt thatll happen as the cavs will be at home

Sme of the officiating was again questionable such as that foul on LeBron by Pietrus right at the end. He ran into Pietrus, Pietrus has his hands to the side, sliding his feet and it's a foul on him?.

Aside from that it was another quality game. It showed the holes that the Cavs have without LeBron .They really need a more consistent offensive threat outside James and some quicker defenders who can defend the 3 pt line.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That was some game. LeBron's supporting cast have their best game of the series while still not shooting well. LeBron turned into a grade 1 ballhog in the final few minutes. The problem with the Cavs is that they wait too long to make their plays. Too many times do they wait until 10 seconds on the shot clock to make the play and end with LeBron taking a desperate shot to beat the clock. Why not start the play at 15 and have the time to execute properly? Also whats the point in having Mo Williams on the court if you're going to give all point guard duties to LeBron?

Rafer Alston won that game for the Magic last night btw. He was sublime in the 2nd half. It seemed like the Magic were dropping every shot in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Totally agree Alston won that game for the magic, like what were the cavs playing at not marking him and daring him to shoot practically.

Remeber this guy was once the best of the best street ballers a form of the game that is based on cockiness and big balls!! daring Skip to my Lou to turn on some offence is as stupid as challenging Chuck Norris to a fight :D

What made it worse was even when he stepped up to the mark and showed he could smoke them the Cavs still didnt mark him talk about being thick or what! :P

Advertisement