Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008/2009 NBA Playoffs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Won't make a perdiction for tonight but will say this. Bynum is the key. I think Phil Jackson needs to stop punishing him for losing focus on the defensive end and start using him more at the post as he has been fairly efficient in this series.

Who knows, if he gets a little more involved with scoring, he will get more energized for defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Mo Williams should have kept his mouth shut with this nonsense of guaranteeing a cav's win. Just play the game and win the series, then talk. Looks like it could well come back to haunt him.

Shannon Brown was a plus 13

In the 3rd quarter with 7.04 left all with Brown on the floor, Denver scored 7 points.

His perimeter defense on Billups was perfect. Completely perfect. The Nuggets will be able to counter, but it had that "shock value" because for the first time in 5 games, Billups didn't get to where he wanted to be, and the rest of their offense struggled. It's not like they were missing many open shots either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I really have grown to dislike Odum, I hope the Nuggets wipe that smug grin off his face, man I hate the Lakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

anybody any thoughts on game 5 magic at cavs?
    ive been reading about this so called "stern factor" what a load of complete bull**** i say!
    but what id like to know is why the bookies are not giving much chance to the magic on winning game 5, which i find very strange as to me they have been the better all round team in the play off series so far.
    your thoughts please? cheers.

• Advertisement

I actually can't for the life of me perdict who wins tonight which is probably a good thing since my last few were way off. I wanna say the Cavs but LeBron is gonna need Mo and the rest of his supporting cast to step up especially in crunch time. One of the reasons the Cavs lost game 4 was Williams being scoreless in the 4th quarter and OT...

On the other hand there's a small part of me that thinks the Magic end it tonight. Who knows? 215.gif

On the other hand there's a small part of me that thinks the Magic end it tonight. Who knows? 215.gif[/QUOTE]

well the experts say this is a massive game for the cavs well i think is a massive game for the magic and they can close out this tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

anybody any thoughts on game 5 magic at cavs?
    ive been reading about this so called "stern factor" what a load of complete bull**** i say!
    but what id like to know is why the bookies are not giving much chance to the magic on winning game 5, which i find very strange as to me they have been the better all round team in the play off series so far.
    your thoughts please? cheers.

I know the Stern factor all too well i was once a huge Kings fan living in norht cali and all and witnessed the stern factor in full effect.

If your interested in knowing what im on about watch this below, this is the first of 9 videos youll find on Youtube and if you give them a chance and watch them even if a small fraction of what is pointed out is true youll realise how much stern has to do with who wins and in how many games.

This might be the main reason the bookies are giving biased odds as they know better than anyone when the fix is on, lets hope its not in this series as the magic deserve to win even.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Please god don't let this be the last we see of Lebron James this season! Bad enough Utd lost last night :(
    I'll be gutted if the Cavs dont win tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What channel is showing tonights game ?

Opr

• Advertisement

No channel on TV here its on TNT tho in the US. Look for it on Veetle as its up on that if you need help just PM me

Woohoo :)

Lebron took over. think I heard the comms saying he scored or assisted 32 straight points. and he does it without even trying!

C u for game 6 sat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've just been blown away by the best individual fourth quarter performance I have ever witnessed. I think from what they are saying right now, it could be the best ever.

And guess who? Only one man is capable of that. Awesome almost does not even describe how good this was.

Good to see him step up in the fourth but also showing trust in his team mates down the stretch. Lets see if he can bring it again saturday and try and extend this series even further but itll be a tough task away to the magic.

If Mo Williams plays the way he played - which is how most expected him to play - Cavs will force game 7. LeBron will get his 35+ points, 10 rebs and 10+ assists if his team-mates hit open jump-shots.

Biggest problem with Magic is, which is mostly a good problem to have - they have 3 options on offense and neither is greater or lesser than the other. Neither is more aggressive than the other...so, sometimes they can't figure out who to go to.

ESPN's headline reads "all Lakers not named Kobe need to step it up." You don't say:rolleyes: I am getting so tired of these types of statements that can be said about every team with a Superstar.. All players not named Carmelo or Labron or Kobe or Howard need to step up if they expect to win...

Anyway here's hoping for a good game. Go Nuggets:D

Nuggets will win actually they will dominate this game if Nené and the Birdman play with the heart they both have as i can gaurantee that Billups will be well and truely over the brain farts he was having in the last game and Mello will be over his illness.

The only one that could stop Nuggets from winning besides themselves is Gasol if he has a big game getting 25+ point and a bout 15 rebounds and a few assists and blocks then the nuggets series will be done. In saying this im taking Kobe having his usual performance as a given.

Very scrappy start by the Nuggets. Even with Billups they are at times a team that lives and dies by the three but so far so good in that area. If Shannon Brown was guarding Billups the Lakers would be up by 10 at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well its all over now, well done Lakers. Kobe excellent as usual and Gasol was brilliant tonight.

Disappointing from the Nuggets, Nene was poor, Chauncy had a particularly bad night. The Lakers were superb though everywhere.

Yes very poor game especially by the nuggets, but at least LA started giving Gasol the ball if they keep this up itll make for an interesting final especially if up against the magic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Really looking forward to tonights game, should be good with it being in Orlando. Cavs need a prayer imo.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Really looking forward to tonights game, should be good with it being in Orlando. Cavs need a prayer imo.

+2 :D

Hail Mary... :)

Wow can you imagine a game 7 in this series. I really hope Cavs get their first win here this season, what a time to do it!

I don't want Lebron to stop playing basketball....:P ever even for the summer!

Really looking forward to it too but very anxious! If this goes 7 games my life expectancy will be reduced by 20 years :) but should be worth it!

Just going back to last nights game even though I wanted the Nuggets to win I can't deny the fact that the Lakers were awesome to watch. They played championship calliber Basketball even though it helped that the Nuggets virtually attempted no Defense, Melo and Billups had a dissaperaring act and there was virtually no energy in the Pepsi Centre. All those factors basically gave the Lakers a headstart.

Still credit to LA for finally discovering their post game can reap benefits and that it makes things a lot easier for everyone else when you go to them down low. They were brilliant defensively as well making sure that the only way the Nuggets could beat them was to allow J.R Smith shooting bombs from all over the place. If they keep up that Defensive intensity then the title is going to LA.

I also felt completely sorry for that guy with spina bifida. How on earth do Nuggets players approach him after losing by 27 in a elimination game?. Thats the defintion of akwardness

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I also felt completely sorry for that guy with spina bifida. How on earth do Nuggets players approach him after losing by 27 in a elimination game?. Thats the defintion of akwardness

I missed that?? some devoted sick fan was it?

Yep lakers through, I'd love to see a Lebron v Kobe
    Lets hope the refs are in on this conspiracy :D
    3 and a half hours to do some schoolwork and then BAM...
    the greatest show on earth I can't wait, hope the streaming is good tonight!

jimmay wrote: »
    I missed that?? some devoted sick fan was it?

!

They showed him during the Halftime show and how he had been to every Nuggets game for years, knew every Nuggets player etc.

Cleveland looks defeated atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

anything short of a miracle and the Magic are in the finals

Sickened, been wrestling bad streams all night, I think my connection is bad although it's been good on nearly all other nights.
    I'll never forgive Sky/Setanta/Five, there's no excuse not to broadcast this game.
    And the Cavs lost, what a sh!t night
    :(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

magic vs lakers for the NBA Final.
    can't wait for June 4th!
    Im on the Magic to shock the Lakers for the NBA finals :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Native Orlandoian here, and just have to say that I'm so excited and happy for the Magic! Even I didn't think the Magic would make it past the Cavs, but they surprised me. Yay Magic!

• Advertisement

Well done to the Magic, I hope they go on to destroy the fakers :D

Lebron - gone :(

Tragic for the NBA

I heard someone say Kobe/Lebron series would of broke ratings history

Advertisement